Klipsch KP 1000 c subwoofer

firefighter

My sub will not keep up with the LaScalas at higher volumes. I don't listen to movies at high volumes but when I put in a concert dvd it's a different story. I want to feel a hard strong base that keeps up, opne with a lot of slam not boom. I saw 2 kp 1000 subs for sale and being that they appear to be pro audio, It just might be the fix I am looking for. I sure could use some advice as I know nothing about these speakers.

Thanks Jack.

I am probably looking to spend about $1200.00, so my budget is some what limited. I have also looked at some DIY subs, just don't know if I could get the cabinet right, I would need a step by step guide. Not scared just cautious.

I haven't heard of the 480-SW, I also haven't seen this one in the sub comparison test, I'll do some research.

Is there considerable music that would contain 12 hz to 15 hz information? I was always under the impression that music didn't go that low.

most "normal" music doesn't extend below 30 Hz. a five string bass has a top string whose fundamental is 31 Hz. some large pipe organ can go lower. synthesizers can go low because they synthesize freqs that can go as low as you please. alot of explosions rumbles and such can go below 30 into the teens. so it really depends on what you want to do with the sub.

in Christ, because of God's grace,

roy

Pipe organs can not only reach lower,you NEED a subwoofer(real one,not glorified bass module) that can sustain solid output @ 16Hz,not a rolled of would be sub.

31.5Hz and up is a bass bin like,and not a serious sub at all.Bass bins capable of 16Hz would not be too practical,as reaching 16 pulses with serious outputyou need several times higher excursion from the woofer.

Subs capable of true subsonics JL Audio Fathom f112 and f113(compact might),SVS Ultra13 slightly larger,ported( serious output down deep),EPIK Conquest and ED dual 18" sub(both major powerhouses of subsonics,LARGE).

Music where information below 30Hz is present,electronic music. I listen to some Infected Mushroom ...some serious bass lines.With a serious sub you can clearly hear and feel the extremes.

And many movies have very deep bas scontent to below 20Hz some reaching in the single digits(here a fan sub or extremely large EBS subs are kings,forget much else).

Ok, maybe my mentality on the sub was a bit misdirected. I have never heard the kp 1000's and thinking a pro audio sub would have a great sound and a really strong hit, doubt those subs would go as low as you are referencing.

The Ear has mentioned several subs but my pocket dosen't run as deep as his. I don't know what all the graphs and tech data equate to, all I know is I loose my sub when the volume gets loud (music) and that aint cool. Is there a sub in the $1200 range that would keep up with the LaScalas.

Jack.

Trying not to appear ignorant. How low do I want to go? I couldn't give a definitive HZ, I listen to, early rock, hard rock, southern rock, easy rock, and of course rock rock. Every now and then some smooth jazz or heavy metal, no country, orchestra, or classical. When I watch movies the volume stays moderate kind of like the movie theatres, enough to feel the sub but when someone is talking they aren't screaming at you. Now when I want to jam I want my sub to keep up. My reciever is not very strong 75 watts per channel, when I get to 25 on the volume knob the sub is no where to be found, thats when I want it to be hitting hard. Now with that being said I will eventually upgrade to a better and stronger reciever so my next sub will still need to be able to keep up.

I have been a stagehand for 16 years and a stage manager at the coliseum for 4 and have setup and seen a lot of concerts so I like it loud, and more so I like the sound, concert subs don't hit real low just hard. I know I wont get that concert volume just would like the punch. Who knows I"m probably somewhat deaf, that might be why I need to feel it.

Jack.

Quote: "When I watch movies the volume stays moderate kind of like the movie
theatres, enough to feel the sub but when someone is talking they
aren't screaming at you. Now when I want to jam I want my sub to keep
up. My reciever is not very strong 75 watts per channel, when I get to
25 on the volume knob the sub is no where to be found..."

This may be an unnecessary question, and should not be taken as insulting to a stage sound guy, but it happened to me once. You don't have the sub connected to your receiver's Tape Out or Line Out jacks, rather than the LFE jack, do you? Output jacks other than the LFE will send a fixed level signal to the sub which will not vary according to the receiver's volume level. Turning the receiver speaker volume up will make the mains louder, but not the sub, which would produce the effect you describe ("leaving the sub behind"). Just a thought.

Mike,

I guess I should say I don't need more bass a far as the HZ goes, the sub I have hits low enough, just not hard enough. I thinking I need more power to keep up with my mains. Bands to name a few. 38 special, Fleetwood Mac. Van Halen, AC/DC, B-52, Stevie ray Vaughan, Ozzy, Nazereth, Kid Rock, Garbage, Eagles, Dire Straights, Jimmy Buffett.

RichardP,

Sorry if I misled anyone, I am not a stage sound guy. I was a member of IATSE Local 333, I worked as a stagehand helping set up concerts, sporting events, theatre, and movies. I understand what I want just having a hard time explaining it.

The sub is connected to the sub output in the reciever.

Jack.