Matching Speakers

taylor99ss

All,

I'm finally getting a real media room in the house I'm currently building. I'll be able to go 7.1 surround. My question is: What is the recommended speaker matching setup for the surround speakers? I have RF-7's in the front and a RC-64 as the center. Here are my options.

option 1 - 4 RS-7's

option 2 - 4 RS-52/62

option 3 - anything else anyone would like to recommend. Maybe a mix of Option1 / Option 2.

Thanks in advance!

I might stop you first and say find a RC-7 first..to replace your RC 64.

I hate to replace peoples equipment, but from a Timbre standpoint the RC-7 is your best option.. other than another RF-7 in the middle..Which of course, if you could fit it in..is the ulimate... hahahahahaha (Anytime you use the same front speakers Left, Center, n Right it will be seamless and will be awesome!)

After that...

rs-7's for sides, to the left and right of you...seatting wise..in the air too...

Depends on your room size/ seating position.. for the rears to use a RB-7 or RS 7 too. ...

The key is to stay in the same series.... if your into movies so all RS-7's maybe,..,or into concerts RS-7's on the sides and RB-7's in the back for music more?? And some a personal choice too.

(FYI, My sides are sprayed... My back speakers are direct. I, personally, feel this creates more depth. Again, personal choice. )

What subs too?? And room size might help?