KG 3.5 vs KG 5.5 vs . . .

LocknLoad

My first post here, hello everybody . . .

I'm relatively new to Klipsch, but I have a pair of KG 3.5's, I'm thinking of buying a pair of KG 5.5's - can someone with experience with both compare them for me? Not statistically, I've seen the stats on each, but will they sound better than the 3.5's or pretty similar? Does it make more sense to consider upgrading to something like a Chorus if I can find a nice pair for reasonable money?

(this is a secondary system I have in the house, and are currently being driven by a Pioneer SA 8800 integrated amp if that helps)

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of the whole Kg series and especially the Kg 3.5 which is a killer unit for it's size. The much larger 5.5's will give you better definition all around and will be a little easier on your ears at the top end. That said, and depending on price, the Chorus might be a better speaker. I do like those 3 ways but I've never heard a chorus.

If you're in the DC area there is a pair on Craigslist right now for $300.

Don't get rid of those 3.5's though!

• 13 years later...

Fwiw.

I have the 3.5s and 5.5s. 3.5s are a good speaker for most listening. 5.5s excel at loud listening.

I would get the Chorus unless their size and or cost is an issue. Having said that I’d keep the 3.5s if possible. But if I had to choose between the 3, the Chorus 👍🏻

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2021 at 3:43 PM, VitalyDon said:

Hello!
Anybody knows what's the thread standard for the KG 5.5 spikes?
6/16" or 5/16", or something else?
Thanks.

20 hours ago, moray james said:

try a 1/4"-20 just a guess on my part but most footers in America are that size.

KG5.5 & other KG speakers & SW subs of that era use a push in spike/foot,  they are not threaded like other models. 

3 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

KG5.5 & other KG speakers & SW subs of that era use a push in spike/foot,  they are not threaded like other models. 

thanks for the information. you could try installing female 1/4-20 inserts into your existing holes and then you can use standard threaded /adjustable spikes or nylon glides.