Best amp for KLF-30's

klipschlover

Hi guys! I am looking to upgrade my HT setup by replacing my Kenwood Sovereign VR-5900 AVR with separates. After a good deal of research, I have chosen the Integra DTC-9.8 preamp and now have only to chose the amp.

Outlaw 7700 fits in my price range, has plenty of rated power, balanced inputs, and a 5 year warranty. I have also read good things about Gemstone's Blue Diamond, which has similar specs but is more expensive. I want the amp to be a good match for the preamp and my speakers, but NOT to add to the inherent brightness in my KLF-30'S! I am not afraid to mix and match. I spoke with one of the guys at Gemstone yesterday and he told me that while the Blue Diamond is very neutral (not warm sounding), the Audyssey MultEQ Pro feature on the DCT-9.8 will soften the sound somewhat.

I would love to hear of your experience with either of the above amps with large Klipsch mains. Any other suggestions for good pairings would be great too! I have read that NAD & HK work well with Klipsch, too. Budget constraints will eliminate many fine products, i am sure. Still, I appreciate any input.

The plethora of products currently available makes the selection process both complex and arduous. Thanks for reading my post and for your help!

When I had rf-7's I used an Outlaw 7500 with no problems. I'd say the sound was nuetral, not as warm as the H/K 7200 avr it replaced, more "live" sounding. The H/K now sounds wonderful driving a pair of Heresy 2's. I've never heard the Gemstone.