Is this a good deal??? Please help!

klipschlover

I have been researching separates to replace my Kenwood Sovereign VR-5900 AVR. I have decided on the Integra DTC-9.8 for the controller and have been offered an Anthem A5 amp for $1650 [:D], a demo from my local dealer. These would be paired with my KLF-30's, C7, and JBL 4312A studio monitors. At present, I my system is 5.1 so the Anthem would drive what I have right now, and there is no timetable for upgrading to 7.1. What do you guys think about this combination?

The price is certainly right-waaay better than used on Audiogon. It is important that the new equipment does not add to the inherent brightness of my KLF-30's. I have been told that the Audyssey MultEQ Pro feature on the DCT-9.8 will soften the sound somewhat. Other amplifiers under consideration at this time are the Outlaw 7700 and Gemstone's Blue Diamond, both more powerful (and expensive), having similar specs, and 7.1. Of course, Outlaw and Gemstone will sell you "B" stock for a bit less which reduces the price diff. When you consider that you will be using these separates for a few years before upgrading, the price diff is a little less stressing. Thanks for any feedback that you can give me.