Regarding thread size for klipsch

Blarsen

Ey guys.

I just bougth my self RF-7, these was delivered with M6 spikes but the spike threads are 1/4" on the speaker foot. That I know because the soundcare spikes are not fully mounted, tops 3-4 threads into the hole.

So my question is this; I live in Norway (thats in Northern Europe for those who wonder), and bougth the speakers used here. When I look at this link http://www.soundcare.no/threads.htm I see out of that link that Klipsch are using M6 threads. Could it be that my speakers are not the european version with metric threads but are imported from the USA/UK? OR are all klipsch delivered with inches? I`m sort of confused here..

A link for my page; http://avforum.no/minhifi/show.php/Balarsen sorry for that it`s not in english but as they say a picture says more than thousand words :-)

Thx for all comments.

My guess is that units sold in the USA had twin banana plug connectors in the back. These are spaced 3/4 inches apart. At least that is what is on my older Forte II. No biwiring there.

It is my understanding that the twin banana plugs are physically identical to power connectors to the mains, in some of Europe. Because of that, the EU banned twin bananas on speakers. Something else is used. Exactly what I don't know. But this might identify a European model.

I've looked at your photos and can not quite tell what is there. Maybe more widely spaced bananas and biwired?

Maybe you can e-mail Klipsch customer service.

Best,

Gil

I just bougth my self RF-7, these was delivered with M6 spikes but the spike threads are 1/4" on the speaker foot. That I know because the soundcare spikes are not fully mounted, tops 3-4 threads into the hole.

So the metric-threaded spikes that came with your speakers don't fit the inches-thread holes on your speaker feet? Are you able to order inches-thread spikes, perhaps on the Internet? I was not aware that any Klipsch speakers came with spikes.

If actual spikes are hard to find, you could just get some 1/4" nuts and bolts and grind one end of the bolts into points.

How are you enjoying the sound of the RF-7s?

Ey islander.

Yes klipsch have threaded holes for spikes, well atleast all the models I have seen so far have extra holes for that on the platic feet. Thats beacuse the original spikes ain`t very good. The last owner had mounted the metric (M6) spikes but there are no problem getting soundcare 1/4" spikes for me but the main reasson I am asking is that, are there any differense between the European model and the US/UK Klipsch model? OR do all klipsch get manifactured with Inches for the spikes?

I`m getting blown away with the pure "live" and brutal sound pressure coming out of the RF-7, I`m more used to some bigger, Infinity Kappa 9.2i series2 ( you can see them on the link I posted, second picture from the top) where the sound are more cleaner compared to the RF-7. What is it you have for sound listning pleasure?

What is it you have for sound listning pleasure?

I'm using 1974 La Scalas, updated with Sonicap capacitors and CT125 tweeters. With their big 2'x2' (60cmx60cm) footprint, spikes are not really needed. The La Scalas have good dynamics to start with, but driving them with a Yamaha MX-D1 amp with 500Wpc gives them realistic dynamics even at low volume. I don't know how loud they'll go, I've briefly turned the volume up until my ears hurt a couple of times and there was lots left.

I like the clarity and detail, being able to hear backup singers' intake of breath, being able to tell that the drummer has two bass drums, one there and the other one beside it, right there.

The Klipsch speakers make music sound like music, not smooth background "sonic wallpaper".

Hello Bruce.

Yes the wood stove are in regular use when the tempeture are close to freezing point. We used to have the sofa on that wall i now have the stereo so me and the misses had some good times with good music and some wine & cheeze. Alwyas a winner and it keeps the wife happy :-) Where is it you live?

Bjoern

Islander

Those look beautiful in mine eyes, but how is the WAF? You have the same taste for sound quality as I do and I quess that`s why we both have ended up with Klipsch speakers. My neighbour got Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage on BAT poweramps and even he starts to like Klipsch hehe I`m sorry to say that I don`t know that MX-D1, better google it :-) I`ve got 2 x Rotel 1091 amps on Hegel P2a MK2 preamp and it sounds great, can listen to music for hours without becoming tired. If you had lived here in Norway I would liked a demo nigth hehe Do you got a link to your stereo?

Bjoern

Bjoern

I'm in northern Georgia, with the temps hovering around freezing to +10 degrees C. And I am in my house alone...I can't go off and leave the stove. I could, but I just don't want to. My late wife and I put it in, mostly for a backup, for when the power is out and my central heat isn't working.

Summers are 32 C and higher.

Marvel

Good day mister. Sounds like we have have the same type of winter, 10 degrees C to day and -5 degrees C tomorrow. We had a hurricane last weekend, left almost 2meter with extra snow at the family cabin. To bad we didn`t get any of that here, only rain. But the thing with the stove, it`s also an furture investment if you are planning on selling the house. Houses around here that have stove and AC included are not on the market for very long, my quess it`s the same where you live? Almost 100% of all the houses built here now are all electric heated, like you are mentioning, what if the power is out..

Do you got any home page for your stereo setup? If not you can share it on www.avforum.com

Those look beautiful in mine eyes, but how is the WAF?

If you had lived here in Norway I would liked a demo nigth hehe Do you got a link to your stereo?

WAF, I don't need no WAF... No , I set up my place the way it suits me and most visitors like it. Oddly enough, after a while the La Scalas don't look so big, especially the black ones. That's not just in my mind, other Scala owners have noticed it too.

Bjoern, if you were on the Island (Vancouver Island), I'd certainly invite you over for a listen. Here's a look at the system in its current configuration. The speakers are about 12' apart (3.6m), but the listening position is 13' away (4m) so the geometry gives good soundstaging. The turntable is in the tall cabinet and there is a Heresy II (on its side) under the TV for the center channel for surround listening. The sub is on the little table.

post-23736-13819359955166_thumb.jpg

Zuzu

These are the type I am using, just got my new 1/4" by mail and it was a perfect hole mach into the Klipsch plastic foot :-) And the good thing with them I can adjust each of the 4 to overcome floor beeing uneven putting the speaker to a perfect 90`degree...

All Soundcare® spikes are spikes with a rounded tip (0,5 mm in diameter) standing in a crater with a flat bottom. In this way we get a very small contact area combined with enormous strength. Load tolerances is only of theoretical interests. For standard spikes you can put 400 kg per spike, for the TITANIUM models even more.
gjeng01.gif
The Soundcare SuperSpike is an assembly of :
  • An outer, sturdy, clean looking housing of ABS plastic (standard version) or polycarbonate (High-End version) (1).
  • Spike made of first class case hardened steel (2).
  • Zinc casing (3) that reduces resonances in the spike and is specially designed to hold the plastic housing when the equipment is lifted. selvkl01.gif
  • Zinc disc (4) with a mild steel insert (5).
  • Self adhesive felt disc made from 1,25mm quality felt with permanent fairly high coatweight tape.
  • Double coated tape, 3M 9573 high performance permanent tape (only the self adhesive version).
  • Lock nut. (only the threaded versions).

elfot02.gif The Soundcare SuperSpiked foot is an assembly of :

• High quality self adhesive SuperSpike.
  • An ABS foot (6) that can easily replace most of todays feet on Hi-Fi electronics.
    (Diameter 55 mm).

Islander.

That look like a great boys room!! :-D but as you say, I did expect them to be bigger! Well when I am gonna visit my uncle/w fam in Victoria Falls I`ll send you an mail for demo hehe

Bjoern, Victoria Falls is in Africa. Victoria, BC is on Vancouver Island, off the west coast of Canada. Just trying to save you some embarrassment when you're talking to the travel agent...

Have you tried it that way? Good results? What kind of spikes?

I've never taken the plastic feet off of mine. The 7's are on carpet, maybe I should consider it?

I'd rather take the feet off and get something DIY from the hardware store than pay those kind of prices.