Women vs Klipsch

jpm

That ol' Silversport causing trouble again ................... Should've known !!!!! Did you get a ride in the Vette or Goat ????

Sorry to say OB but nether. I was there to drop off my Outlaw 7100 that Bill purchased then took a look around and talked a little. Didn't have time to stay long, we had dinner reservations.

James

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine .............. saw the last 2 tours, 40 Licks at Gillette Stadium, they were the first show in that venue, then Bigger Bang Tour, a 15,000 seat venue, in Albany N.Y., an hour from my house, first time back in Albany in 40 years ............. They seemed, to me anyway, better equipped for the Bigger Venues, but was honored to see them in Albany .... had never seen them before ...I'm closing in on 60, but I'll stop being a Stones Fan ... and ol' KEEFs the man ...... I'll never grow up "May the good lord shine a light on you; Make every song you sing, your favorite tune" ..... EH !!!

i think i was there.

they played saturday and sunday.

saturday was holloween (?) and rained like a mother. i think the first band was fab thunderbirds and then zz top. it seemed like as soon as the stones hit the stage it started to rain. i was on the field and water was up to my ankles.

sunday as i was driving back to bham it was sunny and nice.

monday morning i bought tickets to see them in new orleans in the super dome. what amazed me was they put on the same show, even though it was pouring in dallas, except in new orleans jagger rode the cherry picker, which he couldn't do in dallas.

i think i have seen them about 7 times, but i don't think i'd go see them again. ever since i heard a comic say that jagger looks like don knotts in spandex, i just can't get into them anymore. its not a concert, but an event.

i think i'm going to go put on tattoo you (to me the last good album they put out) and see where the rest of the weekend takes me.

danny

jagger looks like don knotts in spandex,

Say what you will, they still show the YOUNG BUCKS how to do it, Mick is non-stop .................. Me, I think SOME GIRLS was their last good one,but I'll give you TATOO YOU, there's some good songs on that. The Stones like many other Bands, AC/DC ,ZZ TOP, hell, LED ZEPPELIN if they tour, are all now Greatest Hit Tours, really, in all honesty, that's what it is .............. even the Van Halen tour !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just to get back onto the original topic:

It amazes me every day that my wife puts up with all the stereo gear in the living room. There was growing resistance at one point - but this sorta evaporated when I introduced the speakers I built into the system. She was so impressed with them - or rather with the fact that I built them that she decided to put up with it all.

The funny thing is that I do not think they are particularly attractive items, but they don't really seem to bother her. In fact I think she would rather see the TV go now than the system - although if I decided to jack the whole lot in I can't imagine she would complain overly.

Another saving grace for me was imelda. This is the name of the cupboard I built for her for her shoes. It is about 6 foot 6 tall and has 10 shelves for 6 pairs of shoes or boots per shelf. It happens to be stuffed full.

As others have said - if she suddenly decided it all had to go - it would. I can probably get by with the promedia 2's, a decent pair of headphones and a TT.

Please dont tell her I said that!!!

FYI to Buddy

A couple of years ago most of the remaining '81 shows not in circulation slipped out (via a roadie as the story goes) and are now available through Stones trading circles in soundboard quality. They're a lot of fun, sound great, and Dallas (1st show) is one of the best of the bunch. Overall the performances are pretty consistent and thankfully it's all there uncut, from the fabulous f**** ups to their glorious recoveries. 1981 to me was one of last real rock & roll tours, just a party from start to finish.