What are some of your hobbies besides Klipsching it up here?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hobbies...I run a small fleet of cars (6 at last count, but there could be more) used by 3 teens and my wife....I do all the dirty work...they just turn the key and drive...once in a while...I get to drive something.

hobbies...I run a small fleet of cars (6 at last count, but there could be more) used by 3 teens and my wife....I do all the dirty work...they just turn the key and drive...once in a while...I get to drive something.

[:o]

"Honey, who is this man who is at the table?"

"Oh, thats James, my new assistant mechanic."

Newsest Hobby: first SCUBA class is tomorrow PM

Swimming

Chesapeake Bay Retreivers

Bird shooting

Fishing

Camping

Good booze and food

Home remodeleing

Vinyl music that will never be digitized

Discontinued Hobbies:

Motorcycles (do not trust car drivers to play nice)

Driving cars over 130 mph (do not trust tire or suspension manufacturers)

Being out in rough water in a too small boat

Then there's golf coming up, I'd like to get some open water dive training, sneak in some largemouth fishing at night. (13-4 florida, 11-4 indiana, 11-2 indiana, and a half dozen over 10 indiana. Catch and release now. I mounted the 11-2 as It died at the boat. I mounted a couple of 10+, 9-9, 8-8, back in the mid-late 80's before I went strictly Catch and Release. I build my own rods from Fenwick HMG blanks, Fuji guides, and build my own spinner baits, jigs, and spoons.

I also enjoy jumping out of perfectly good airplanes when I've got a good buzz going. I'm getting a bit old for that anymore.

Other than that I'm bored. Too much caffeine?

Harry

I'm into the 1911 45acp type semi-autos. I've got a couple of Kimber customs and a couple of Wilson Super Grades for hole punchin'. I've got a sweet 70 series Colt Gold Cup National Match I like to look at but it's not the shooter the Kimber and Wilson's are. I've also got a Steyr SSG I've become very familiar with and a couple of Springfield M1A1 National Match rifles. I picked up a Wilson SS-15 Tactical Rifle (Armor-Tuff) earlier this month but I've yet to set it up and see how it does.

Watch it Harry or you'll get this thread deleted.

- Jim

My apologies as I didn't think there would be a problem. I edited and deleted part of my post.

No intentions of controversy. I'd noticed earlier references and it didn't "register".

Harry

Harry,

I was kidding.

No reason to delete anything.

- Jim

EDIT: Harry, I sent you an e-mail.

Let's see -

60's sf concert posters

coins (not so much since the gov removed silver content)

target discs

klipsch speakers

anything i think is unusual or weird, or i just want it

cookbooks (i am a chef afterall)

gardening

woodworking

jerol

In 22 years of US Naval service, I never really fell in love with a firearm. I like my K-bar better.

So what does a 49 year old, retired guy do. I build Linux machines for custom orders, I fight Muay Thai and I still wrestle (Freestyle) every week. Ok, so I wrestled Jr. High through College...I could never play golf worth a spit. Tennis...no way.

At 49 I am 5'6", 134 lbs and @ 5% body fat, rare among Americans. My Doctor says I am a very healthy 25 year old, regardless of what my records say. I also enjoy bullying Bose owners, it's always fun, and we have lots of them up here in MA.

I own two pair of H II's one vintage '85 (Black Ash), the others (Oiled Walnut) which will be converted to H III's next week. The never ones are HW0, and they are gorgeous, the conversion kit means I should have them until I can no longer hear...at least another 30 years. Some guy wants my 85's...no way. After adding BEC crossovers they sound too damn good.

Hoo Yah and Semper Fi to all my brothers out there. (Sorry, Navy first, as always)

In 22 years of US Naval service, I never really fell in love with a firearm. I like my K-bar better.

I own two pair of H II's one vintage '85 (Black Ash), the others (Oiled Walnut) which will be converted to H III's next week. The never ones are HW0, and they are gorgeous, the conversion kit means I should have them until I can no longer hear...at least another 30 years. Some guy wants my 85's...no way. After adding BEC crossovers they sound too *** good.

The K-bar is a classic. I really like the old stacked leather on the old style ones. A friend of mine still has the one his dad used while serving in the Pacific in WWII.

Can't wait to hear your review of the conversion from HHII to III.

Bruce