What are some of your hobbies besides Klipsching it up here?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defunct* hobbies:

Dirt bikes (still have a Husky 360WR & KTM 495 which I need to sell)

Flying (Still have a C-172F that I need to sell)

SCUBA (Hope to someday return to that)

* - I have a toddler and preschooler,they run on love, time, & money [H]

hobbies...I run a small fleet of cars (6 at last count, but there could be more) used by 3 teens and my wife....I do all the dirty work...they just turn the key and drive...once in a while...I get to drive something.

Surprise

"Honey, who is this man who is at the table?" 

"Oh, thats James, my new assistant mechanic." 

wife: when are you going to start helping me around the house, all you ever do around here is work on the cars?

husband: if you and the kids stop driving the cars they won't need to be worked on.......like walk or take the bus once in a while.

wife: reaches for frying pan and start yelling in unknown tougnes

husband: hauls a%$ out the front door.

* - I have a toddler and preschooler,they run on love, time, & money Cool

Ha! Try having two teenage daughters. Generally, they want less time, but WAY more money. Just as much love, though.

I've got a 4 yo princess, I'm gritting my teeth and shopping for menacing firearms and a comfy rocking chair for the front porch. I figure I'll be a good shot in 12 years. [:)]

I haven't spent much time here lately due to researching, learning and making small purchases in the new world of LED flashlights. The Klipsch Forum is my old standby...good to see some familiar names. I used to be into RC electric trucks, life size dirt bikes and four wheelers....which was my all time favorite. Now it's bicycling thanks to another forum member who posted it as his hobby a long time ago.

Oh, I'm still enjoying my Dean G'd Rf-7's and QSC almost every weekend watching movies. Still havent made a big plasma screen purchase but with the help of my 7's it's not so bad, sound CAN make a movie...[:P]

Can't forget, I'm also helping to watch over my 88 year old mom-in-law who still lives in her own house and does her own driving, shopping and Euchre card playing with the ladies around the community............... yeah, she's my hobby in a good way.[:D]

hobbies...I run a small fleet of cars (6 at last count, but there could be more) used by 3 teens and my wife....I do all the dirty work...they just turn the key and drive...once in a while...I get to drive something.

Surprise

"Honey, who is this man who is at the table?"

"Oh, thats James, my new assistant mechanic."

wife: when are you going to start helping me around the house, all you ever do around here is work on the cars?

husband: if you and the kids stop driving the cars they won't need to be worked on.......like walk or take the bus once in a while.

wife: reaches for frying pan and start yelling in unknown tougnes

husband: hauls a%$ out the front door.

I love the story you told me about the tt, you got that for yourself and the wife took it over.... you got new rims on your truck and the son took it over.... you just cannot win! oh well you atleast get to turn the 60th up every so often?

"I love the story you told me about the tt, you got that for yourself and the wife took it over.... you got new rims on your truck and the son took it over.... you just cannot win! oh well you atleast get to turn the 60th up every so often? "

I think I finally made some progress. I added another car and for now, I wound up with the Z28. Also noticed the cars with empty gas tanks don't get driven much.

• 1 year later...

My hobbies are really simple as am I.

Combat SAMBO, Wu style Tai Chi Cuan (including Push Hands and Sabre), Freestyle Wrestling, and watching bad television and movies. I consider listening to my home theater system as a sort of hobby, but my real joy is in Chinese Marial arts, Wu style Tai Chi Chuan, Xing Yi and the exercises involved,feeling the energies as I move through time and space. Combat SAMBO is a part of me, I do it well and I love doing it. I thnk it may be the Cossak in me.

The problem is that I am the same sizes that I was in high school, and I'm 50. I have been the same height and weight for most of the time I have been walking on this earth. I have been 5'6" and 140 lbs since I was 17. The good part is that I never outgrow anythingg.

The problem is that I am the same sizes that I was in high school, and I'm 50. I have been the same height and weight for most of the time I have been walking on this earth. I have been 5'6" and 140 lbs since I was 17. The good part is that I never outgrow anythingg.

That's not a problem, that's a good thing. I'm 58 and I'm still 5'9" and 160 lbs, just like I've been since I was 16. C_S_G, I guess you eat what you need, not more, not less. That's my system, anyway. I can't change my height and I don't want to change my width.

Enduro kart racing- 100MPH...most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Posted Image

Building speakers. ...These are the subwoofers my son designs and sells (Stereo Integrity.com).woodworking and finishing

Posted Image

Posted Image

8 footers

Posted Image

Making projection screens

Posted Image

Spraying things

Posted Image

Flyfishing for Bluegill....then eating them....tasty.

Posted Image

Sport touring on Honda VFR's

Posted Image

Vacationing in the British Virgin Islands

Posted Image

Scuba diving in the BVI

Posted Image

Driving fast cars....last weekend a Lamborghini Gallardo

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/hobie1dog/id_override_866.jpg

Aston Martin Vantage with my son

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/hobie1dog/id_override_868.jpg

Playing trumpet to loud stereos....see Avatar

Former hobbies: High Power Rocketry, playing drums, chasing brunettes(caught one too), Muscle Cars, Boating, British Cars, Dirt Bikes ( had 9 of them ).