Sweet Thrift Store Finds

Lonelobo

January 3rd trip to Indianapolis my auto-pilot stopped at a couple of Goodwill stores on the way home...

Carmel Goodwill

2013-01-03_CarmelGoodwill.jpg

More Cowbell!

Glendale Goodwill

2013-01-03_GlendaleGoodwill.jpg

In Michael's (Colterphoto1) backyard. A Cathy Morris Christmas is the find of this batch. Burned a copy to take to Michael tomorrow if he's available as I'll be in Indy.

Just bought this rig at a local estate sale. 1983 K-horns in gorgeous oiled walnut, and the Rotel set-up from the mid-1990s - preamp, amp, cdp, cassette deck, and a Magnum Dynalab tuner, hooked up with the Audioquest interconnects and Esoteric Ultra speaker cables. $1300.

[^]

Now I've got to sell my 1986 KCBR K-horns.

\IMAG2397_zpscb8f22a2.jpgIMAG2395_zps4d9e5f2a.jpg

Just bought this rig at a local estate sale. 1983 K-horns in gorgeous oiled walnut, and the Rotel set-up from the mid-1990s - preamp, amp, cdp, cassette deck, and a Magnum Dynalab tuner, hooked up with the Audioquest interconnects and Esoteric Ultra speaker cables. $1300.

Someone please call the police, he just stole that ^^

Someone please call the police, he just stole that ^^

Hold it now... Just a minute... We may need to investigate this transaction... lol...

police_officer_gestures_with_finger_phot

• 4 months later...

Just one CD from a Goodwill looking for a walker for hip surgery returning from surgery pro-op appointments. Also got a couple of books. One by Charles Kuralt and a Readers Digest How Things Work or something like that.

983602_3154619482631_2021010717_n.jpg

I have a few things from 2 to 4 months ago I forgot to post.... may or may not get to it.. lol The boss has said NO MORE CDS! Hmmmm didn't say anything about LPs. But this one I had to have.

• 2 months later...

I found these RB-5s on Ebay this afternoon. I wasn't looking for anything but Ebay remembers my old searches and this auction showed up on my front page. I didn't know that RB-5's were ever offered in Oak, I had only ever seen them in Black, Maple and Cherry prior to these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231042604951ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Well, I was out today surveying some more cell towers for work, and my route took me near the Salvation Army store here in town. I had a little time to kill for lunch, so I figured, what the hell - lets go check it out!

Found this JVC Super-VHS VCR (Model HR-S3800U. Paid all of $5 for it! The think works perfectly. I did take the cover off to inspect the inside and it looked clean (no dust or anything). My old Sanyo VCR crapped up ealier this year and wanted to keep something handy to be able to still play some of these VHS tapes I still got aroun, as well as on numerous occasions, had people ask me to transfer VHS home movies to DVD. Unfortunatly, it is missing the remote and the manual. Downloaded the manual from JVC site, but didn't think to go searching for the remote to this thing while there. I'll have to run back there and see if I can find the remote. Hopefully, at the least, I can download the remote codes to my Harmony One remote:

jvc-svhsSmall_zps75559fc8.jpg

Also found this nifty little gadget for all of $15 (I remember when these things were going for $800 brand-new back in the day). I still need to hook it up and see how and (hopefully, if) it works. This is an Archos AV320 video recorder/mp3 player. I checked the contents and it is complete (except it is missing the headphones, but I don't care as I got plenty of good headphones on hand here anyway).

archo-av320Small_zps92403b38.jpg

And lastely, scored some vinyl, at the princely sum of 20 cents each! Checked each of the records and they looked to be in excellent shape. Will be nice
to get my two-channel rig back in order so I can listen to them...

records-thriftSmall_zpsbad59859.jpg

The titles are (starting at top left):

Handel Messiah - English Chamber Orchestra and Chorus with Raymond Leppard conducting (RCA Red Seal - 3 Record Set)

Mozart - Concert in E Flat (for Piano and Orchestra) -

Tchaikovsky - Selections from Nutcracker Suite. Baltimore Symphony Orchestra w/ Sergin Comissiona conducting.

A Winter's Solstice - Windham Hill Artists. This looks brand-new.

The Archos AV320 device again

The Musical Magic of Christmas - Organ and Chimes. This also looked brand-new.

• 8 months later...

[^]

Now I've got to sell my 1986 KCBR K-horns.

\IMAG2397_zpscb8f22a2.jpgIMAG2395_zps4d9e5f2a.jpg

Was this a private estate sale by the family or was it the professionals? I haven't been able to get any deals when it is the professionals.

First store I stopped at today, picked up towels for car/truck washing, second store turned out to be a hospital run Hospice store were all proceeds go to the care of people who need the care they tell me.

Did not get out of there without applying to work there, everyone donates their time, the one thing I seem to have a lot of lately.

One of the people I noticed (older lady) was looking at this picture on the wall when I walked in, after surfing the store and picking up some more towels, I noticed this lady is still at this picture, lips kind of moving, im kind of thinking, ok wacko, so i walk over and look at it with her and say indeed it is a nice picture, some kind of prayer on the bottom and that is what she was saying to herself, so she is not a wacko after all, so I pay for my goodies, point out the lady to the counter people and tell them im buying that pic for the lady, have a nice day, proceed to my Pub.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...