Sweet Thrift Store Finds

Lonelobo

And 10 for $1 albums at the Rescue Mission deserved a return to go through them all. Was hoping for some a really cool LP or 2. A couple should hopefully fit that bill... and some cool cover art on some of them. And for 10 cents I could always make any losers into popcorn bowls. The vinyl's too nice on these. They're all pretty good to really clean. I put back gnarly looking LPs unless they look like they will clean up really clean. And don't even think if they have nasty scratches and the like that look like they may rip of the stylus.

Both times started reading "My Name Is Jul..." Jules somebody. Kid in old school suit at keyboard. Just didn't look appealing.

Posted Image

What can I say. I like Gloria Estefan.

Two different versions of Mikado. Might be kind fun to rotate 'em in and as wall art.

Songs Of Love I might have bought just for the cover. Especially if the cover art had been larger. It has a Peter Maxx look to it but no credits that I could see looking at it quickly. It appears to be a promotion for Rogers Silver. At least a couple of the songs should be worthwhile. Aretha Frankling. Charlie Byrd and Orchestra.

Should be some good music in this batch. Some fun covers at least.

And 10 for $1 albums at the Rescue Mission deserved a return to go through them all. Was hoping for some a really cool LP or 2. A couple should hopefully fit that bill... and some cool cover art on some of them. And for 10 cents I could always make any losers into popcorn bowls. The vinyl's too nice on these. They're all pretty good to really clean. I put back gnarly looking LPs unless they look like they will clean up really clean. And don't even think if they have nasty scratches and the like that look like they may rip of the stylus.

Both times started reading "My Name Is Jul..." Jules somebody. Kid in old school suit at keyboard. Just didn't look appealing.

2010-11-17_Kokomo_Rescue_Mission.jpg

What can I say. I like Gloria Estefan.

Two different versions of Mikado. Might be kind fun to rotate 'em in and as wall art.

Songs Of Love I might have bought just for the cover. Especially if the cover art had been larger. It has a Peter Maxx look to it but no credits that I could see looking at it quickly. It appears to be a promotion for Rogers Silver. At least a couple of the songs should be worthwhile. Aretha Frankling. Charlie Byrd and Orchestra.

Should be some good music in this batch. Some fun covers at least.

Nice score!

Took a closer look at the JBLs. L26 I think was the model. I didn't look at them too closely but I'm sure a bit dinged up but could be worthwhile according to posts on AudioKarma. I think they're asking $90. Don't have $90 right now (2 new tires, tie rod ends, realignment, and battery for the Grand Caravan... so if I could've found $90 I can't now).

Here's what a really nice pair looks like...

Posted Image

If there are any JBL fans close enough to Kokomo that would be interested let me know and I'll see if they'll let me take some pictures to post.

Nice score!

Thanks Runnin! Not as great as scores as some but looks like some worthwhile music and fun covers. The operatic stuff I'm not so sure but maybe it'll grow on me.

The Cover of the Gloria Estefan CD folds out to a decent size, though it's a bit too wide for our scanner.

Posted Image

(edit) it doesn't display correctly in my browser but I like the quote on the importance of music in her life.

or the front back and fold out if that doesn't "fit"

Posted Image

Finally stopped at the local St Vincent De Paul thrift store. Picked up a little GT cooker for our oldest daughter for $1 and a couple of LPS

Posted Image

The Motels should be fun. Said oldest daughter's getting married next June and we're supplying the tunes to keep the entertainment costs down so seems like we'll need at least one polka? That said, I'd think I should be able to find a polka CD.... no intention of taking LPs as planning to copy anything from LP to CD or mp3

On the way to the pawn shop was another pawn shop that calls itself a trade post ...

(if anyone's interested they have a pair of JBL G-734 15" 2 way PA speakers let me know. Will probably put a notice in Garage Sale maybe Pro Audio. $190 for the pair. Looked to be in good to very good shape)

No buy 3 get 1 free here and more to begin with and had a nice Deep Purple CD that some twit had stolen the CD and left the box.

Posted Image

While I'm sure most if not all of the pawn shop will be worthwhile these looks more like a score

Not exactly a thrift store, but I went to a closing business sale to a non-retail business that is member of the barter exchange to which I belong. To my suprise, there was a box of vinyl on the floor. It was a TIME CAPSULE. Unopened, unplayed original copies of Hwy 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde. PRISTINE copies of two Velvet Underground records (my son was flipping out) and much more, all at .50 a pop.

Not exactly a thrift store, but I went to a closing business sale to a non-retail business that is member of the barter exchange to which I belong. To my suprise, there was a box of vinyl on the floor. It was a TIME CAPSULE. Unopened, unplayed original copies of Hwy 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde. PRISTINE copies of two Velvet Underground records (my son was flipping out) and much more, all at .50 a pop.

Now THAT is a score. Very nice.

Now THAT is a score. Very nice.

Find a couple of pristine or unopened Gratefull Dead LPs in that box and Gary would be drooling,

I don't buy anything I see has to be good

Steve,

If this is to mean you don't buy anything unless you're sure it's good that's a good idea with equipment.

But you might want to reconsider your stance if it means you won't buy any new music, even for $1 or $2 if you're not sure you'll like it. I've discovered lots of things I like just by trying or in the case of this forum well, PM or Dennie, or Runnnin, etc have a lot of stuff I do like so maybe I'll like that.

In fact I didn't really care for my first Randy Stonehill album, Between The Glory And The Flame (critics loved it so maybe that's a good indication...) but Randy has since become one of my favorite artists. I'm reaaly glad in that case I gave him a second chance. That's probably still my least favorite album of his but in all fairness I've not played in years and have a few on CD.