Sweet Thrift Store Finds

Lonelobo

Bill cosby was funnie without profainity not like moddern ear with #$*& thisand @#%+ that evrey other word

moddern comedyians= no tallent loosers

I just love Bill Cosby. I hope to see him live sometime. Gotta love Bill. He tells it like it is. "Noah!" ,,, "What Lord?"... "How well do you tread water."

Not all modern comedians are not talent losers but most rely on profanity. Red Skelton was a great one too. I saw him in college, knew all the punch lines or most of them, but still funnier than all get out.... and he apoligzed in the not likely chance he had offended someone. I think one damn in the context of one of his characters. And it may have been a tinkers dam. A real class act.

is well worth seeing...

Back on topic... A few CDS from The Blue Diamond Trade Post

2011-01-17_Blue_Diamond.jpg

I've really got to get better organized. SWMBO has said no more CDS until the clutter gets cleaned up. And she wasn't too happy about the salted in shell peanuts [:$] but they taste so good. But sometimes it's like, CDs or even LPs I just can't pass up. Especially these titles at $2 a pop. It's like an addiction, except I can stop at any time. Really. I can. Really. (I sound about as convincing as Dennie - his vinyl pusher delivers). None of these on CD. Only some Queen, Genesis, and Gordon Lightfoot on LP (I think),

I'm working from home tomorrow. Time to fire up the Heresies with some new (to me) tunes.

I love Craigslist! (I posted a seperate thread; so not tryin to spam or overpost; just maybe it belongs here instead?)

Seems like a good place for scores. All kinds of fun stuff in this thread. I'm still looking for the mythical $40 Cornwalls.... or $50 LaScalas. Maybe someday.

The 'best' thrift store find I can think of, is the Pioneer CT-F1250 my Dad picked up at the local Desert Industries.

Man. That thing looks like it's built like a tank. And pretty too. Hope yours is as pretty. Cool

+1!!! I bet that thing will be around for a long, long time.......

I have made a few thrift shop finds over the years. Here are a handful.

1. JBL Lancer 101-with marble tops for $45. Sold on ebay parted out for $650.00. Cabinets were not in good shape.

2. B & O turntable model number 3404 fully functional for $5.00.

3. Bell'o 5 shelf high audio rack and TV stand for $135.00.

4. Ohm walsh 100 loudspeakers for $50.00.

5. Carver Platinums for $350.00 sold for 800.00.

6. Bose Life Style 50 system for $25.00 sold for $460.00.

7. Energy Pro-22 loudspeakers for $20.00.

But the best ones are the free ones.

1. Pioneer Elite PD-95 CD Player, Pioneer Elite Laser Disk Player and Parasound Z amp. Gentleman was dropping off at electronics recycle center. He left me go thru stuff in parking lot.

2. Pioneer SX-1250-Someone left it on curb for pickup. Did a good cleaning worked good as new until I sold it for $300.00.

3. Magnepan SMG's-Left on curb for pickup. Tweeter non working in one speaker. Otherwise in excellent condition.

Note that this covers a span 10 to 12 years and visting a lot of stores and a lot of luck.

"Note that this covers a span 10 to 12 years and visting a lot of stores and a lot of luck."

This is the key. I have friends who complain that they never find the good stuff like I do. Well, you have to go to the thrift stores more than once a month. I go almost daily and almost every day come away empty handed. But every so often I strike gold.

BTW our local Goodwill the LPs are 99cents.

I go almost daily and almost every day come away empty handed

Yep. I don't go often enough but do find quite a bit of CDs and even LPS.

BTW our local Goodwill the LPs are 99cents.

$1 here. 1/2 off day 1st Saturday of the month. Got some for 10 cents at the local Rescue Mission. Bought a few just for the covers though the vinyl pretty good too.

Find a few good CDs or ones that I'll like, or family or friends will like without looking too hard. Best score was probably a pair of Tannoy SRM 12B studio monitors at a nearby town (+- 45 minutes) we went shopping. Bought a couple pair of pants. Snuck off to the Goodwill. No. It can't be. Yes it is. Speakers priced singly. 1/2 price day. [:D]. Nearby pawn store closed before I got there. Back to the store before wife and daughters done shoppoing.

Yeah. I actuallly print off addresses and maps of Goodwills, Salvation Army stores, pawn stores of where we're going to be. Yard sales can be great for CDs. Still no Klipsch though....

Picked up a Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi the other day for $9.10 at Goodwill. Got a Marantz 5 disc for $10 as well.

Goodwill has been decent lately.

Decent? The Elite and Marantz beat up? The Pioneer Elite stuff built like a tank so could be a pretty good score I'd think?

Yep I need to go more often but SWMBO will not be happy if the CDs and LPs keep piling up too fast.

1. Pioneer Elite PD-95 CD Player, Pioneer Elite Laser Disk Player and Parasound Z amp. Gentleman was dropping off at electronics recycle center. He left me go thru stuff in parking lot.

2. Pioneer SX-1250-Someone left it on curb for pickup. Did a good cleaning worked good as new until I sold it for $300.00.

3. Magnepan SMG's-Left on curb for pickup. Tweeter non working in one speaker. Otherwise in excellent condition.

No offense, but this sounds more like Cape Cod than NJ.

Dave

This hobby is going to break me. A few weeks ago picked up a pair of F-3's for $200. This week at the same place I picked up a pair of Hereseys(hbr year W) for $200. A little banged up but I think it was worth it. That makes 3 pair that I don't really need. Just can't help myself....Audio Anonymous anyone? Big D

• 4 weeks later...

At a local pawn shop on the way back from men's breakfast at church yesterday morning ....

2011-02-20_Kokomo_WWJP.jpg

Besides the Kenwood Basic C-1 they also had a matching T-1 tuner. Before Christmas they had an M-1 amplifier which I could really use as 3 receivers, an integrated amp, and a power amp all in need of repair. Down to the integrated amp that was in our garage. Naturally the M-1 was gone. All marked $29.99. But with putting a new pair of tires on the Grand Caravan, a new battery, and the front inner or outer tie rods replaced before Holiday road trip to Florida I just couldn't swing it. [:'(]

Oh well, should be a pretty good little pre-amp. Even has a phone input switchable between MM and MC. Variable loudness control. Subsonic filter. 2 tape loops. And didn't even have to ask and was only $25. Wish I could've gotten the power amp too. Just too short on cash until now. The CDs 4 for $3. I already have Kathy Troccoli's Pure Attraction but have a couple of friends in mind who I think would enjoy it. Also a couple of friends in mind who might enjoy Dave Grusin's Gershwin Connection. I have a couple of other Margaret Becker CDs

At a local pawn shop on the way back from men's breakfast at church yesterday morning ....

2011-02-20_Kokomo_WWJP.jpg

Besides the Kenwood Basic C-1 they also had a matching T-1 tuner. Before Christmas they had an M-1 amplifier which I could really use as 3 receivers, an integrated amp, and a power amp all in need of repair. Down to the integrated amp that was in our garage. Naturally the M-1 was gone. All marked $29.99. But with putting a new pair of tires on the Grand Caravan, a new battery, and the front inner or outer tie rods replaced before Holiday road trip to Florida I just couldn't swing it. [:'(]

Oh well, should be a pretty good little pre-amp. Even has a phone input switchable between MM and MC. Variable loudness control. Subsonic filter. 2 tape loops. And didn't even have to ask and was only $25. Wish I could've gotten the power amp too. Just too short on cash until now. The CDs 4 for $3. I already have Kathy Troccoli's Pure Attraction but have a couple of friends in mind who I think would enjoy it. Also a couple of friends in mind who might enjoy Dave Grusin's Gershwin Connection. I have a couple of other Margaret Becker CDs

Hey Ben, once again you did well... The Dave Grusin CD looks to be good. Let me know... Thanks, Boxx

Hey Ben, once again you did well... The Dave Grusin CD looks to be good. Let me know... Thanks, Boxx

Boxx. I already have the Dave Grusin Gershwin Connection CD and to me it is very good. I have a couple of friends in mind who I thought might enjoy it. Now if i wouldn't have missed out on the M-1 I'd be even happier but should make good use of the C-1.