HOPE

Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH NO, not another C-6 owner ......... Dam, Lucky Man !!!!! Sweet Cars ..... keep the OLD, I'll take the NEW ...... Good Luck !!!

Not just a C-6 but a 2008 C-6. They did change the car you know, under the hood. 436HP, with straight pipes (dual mode exhaust, they call it).

I added the "mild-to-wild" switch so that I have control of the exhaust by-pass.

Ordered on 7/7/07

Received on 10/16/07

Put in Winter storage 11/22/07

post-25219-13819366462432_thumb.jpg

After ordering the car I began to realize that I needed a garage for it. So I built a large (24x22) one car insulated garage. I love waxing my car so I had five large windows installed plus 10 flourescent lights for a total of 740 watts of light. It looks like a car showroom with the lights on.

post-25219-1381936647836_thumb.jpg

436hp

428 ft. lbs. torque

Quickest and most powerful automatic Corvette ever made

Most aerodynamic Corvette .28 coefficient of drag

........and "NO" I didn't opt for the Bose sound system. I just couldn't do it.

I do have seven speakers but it is just the standard system for the vette.

Gotta go. Maybe, weather permitting, I might get to actually drive it soon. I have 289 miles on it so far. I need 500 miles for break-in. Imagine the frustration of not being able to go over 55 mph nor mashing the accellerator until it is broken in. I have never had to exercise such restraint before.

post-25219-13819366510412_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I like the yellow, but with that body (the car) any color would look good.

Keeping your foot out of the pedal is really showing restraint but the last few miles will happen quick when you can get back on the road again. To me the last few models are the best looking unless you want to go back to the 50's, and they look like a different car back then but still nice.

Congrats, great color and I like the new center console so much better than the old flat gray one. Spring will soon be here. Would like to hear your impressions of the paddle shift, I love mine. Don't worry when you down shift accidenally when you meant to up shift and the revs shoot to the red line and it feels like you hit a brick wall, everyone does it at least once. Great car, love the plates.

Oh another recommendation on the trickle charger, buy one that connects to the lighter in the car, if it connects directly on to the battery (+ side battery - side engine ground) leave a note on the steering wheel to remind you that its there. Don't be like someone on this forum who forgot about it and proceeded to pull out of the garage and drive halfway down the block with the damn thing being dragged and smashed to bits from the car.

I like the yellow, but with that body (the car) any color would look good.

Keeping your foot out of the pedal is really showing restraint but the last few miles will happen quick when you can get back on the road again. To me the last few models are the best looking unless you want to go back to the 50's, and they look like a different car back then but still nice.

You know, I was in my 20s when I bought the new 1971 model. It was my first new car and it was a new Corvette. Four speed on the floor. I only had it for 18 months. It was my family's only car, at the time. My family was me, my wife Janet and my son Rocky. A bit cramped, I might add. Yes, we put Rocky between the two seats on the ledge. I know, I know, not very safe nor legal but that is what we did for 18 months. You should have seen us all coming out of the grocery store with bags and bags of groceries and nowhere to put them. Anyway, I bought that 1971 for exactly $5,200. Sold it 18 months later for $5,000. Not bad value.

What I realize is that I now know why I didn't even consider another vette until now. I believe that basically until the 2005 C-6 hit the streets, I really didn't want to own a Corvette due to disappointing power, performance and to a lesser degree disappointing handling. I mean think about it. The CAFE gas efficiency standards really put a damper on horsepower in engines starting in the mid 70s right on through the early 2000s. The Corvette, I believe, got all the way down to 185hp in the 80s. Do you realize that a Honda Civic Si has the same hp as the 1984 Corvette? I really didn't want a Corvette from 1972 all the way through 2004. And the government is at it again. More stringent CAFE standards are definitely coming over the next 10 years. GM has already canceled a 700 hp future vette engine. Predictions are that the new CAFE standards are ruining the current resurgence in higher hp for high performance cars. Sad, sad, sad.

However, when they brought out the 400hp C-6 in 2005, things started getting right again with Corvette. Man, 400hp makes for a really fast Corvette. I test drove a 2007 with 400hp and I was impressed with the speed. My car has 436hp. I have yet to experience the improved quickness because mine isn't broken in yet for full throttle use. But it will be soon.

And the icing on the cake is the "dual mode" exhaust. With a switch I bought, I have full control over muffler vs. straight pipes. This feature I love. I would rather listen to my engine than listen to music while driving.

I'm 61 so what am I saving my money for? I need my vette now while I can still enjoy it. Listen outside your windows and try to differentiate between the sounds of my two JL Audio f-113 subwoofers and the sounds of my Corvette engine. Both sounds are very BAD. I mean good BAD.

Bye............I got a car to drive.

Congrats, great color and I like the new center console so much better than the old flat gray one. Spring will soon be here. Would like to hear your impressions of the paddle shift, I love mine. Don't worry when you down shift accidenally when you meant to up shift and the revs shoot to the red line and it feels like you hit a brick wall, everyone does it at least once. Great car, love the plates.

Thanks for the advice. BTW, your 2005 looks like you really take care of it. It looks great.

nice ride Roc. pretty cool garage, too.

Thanks Daddy. I have dreamed of having a garage all of my life, but I never thought that I would get one. My wife Janet has been wonderful in supporting my dreams. As you can imagine, she needs to approve of whatever I get involved in. I may have to withdraw her name from the offer to trade her for 2 FORTE IIs.

I still sometimes feel like I am dreaming when I pull up to the house and see the garage there. For me, it is a dream come true. And lucily I have something worhty of a garage to put in it.

Take care Daddy.

Oh another recommendation on the trickle charger, buy one that connects to the lighter in the car, if it connects directly on to the battery (+ side battery - side engine ground) leave a note on the steering wheel to remind you that its there. Don't be like someone on this forum who forgot about it and proceeded to pull out of the garage and drive halfway down the block with the *** thing being dragged and smashed to bits from the car.

Sorry to hear that you trickled all the way down the road. It must have been a shockingly charged experience!!!