HOPE

Roc Rinaldi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is she? This weekend looks to be wet and cold up here, but I did drive mine to work twice this week. I am envious of the dual exhaust and the extra 36 hp, but hey when the time is right I will switch to the "next corvette", that said I still love mine. I always love the one I am with, unless the b!tch cheats. I just hope the next corvette is not an all electric POS. This time is automotive design really is like the 1968-1972 mucle car era over again as you alluded to. Oh well, enjoy it, its an investment towards fun not money.

So how is she?

Oh well, enjoy it, its an investment towards fun not money.

She is covered in a garage. Double waxed including the door jams, underhood and hatchback area.

Picked it up on 10/16/07. Has 289 miles so far. Last driven 11/22/07. Can't say how she is until I get my 500 mile break-in done. How frustrating to find instructions that say "Don't go over 55 and no flooring it until break-in is done." I think there is no break-in period. I think Chevrolet is saying this to save lives. The lives of those who think they can handle the power but really can't. The break-in period might slow someone down a little, and give them a chance to get to know the car.

Of course, it won't slow me down. At mile 501 I will report on how she is. I am 61 so I do plan on keeping this one until I die, and then of course, my wife will have it to drive, hopefull alone. I don't like sharing my wife nor my cars.

Then again, the pictures I have seen of the 2011 C7 look mighty fine. If the performance doesn't slip, maybe I would be interested in a 2011. They will probably have nine speed automatics by then.