My Apple Macbook Pro streams audio very well!

ajcllc

Why does my computer while streaming audio through Real Player sound much better than my Denon DVD-2900? Is it because the Denon is a five-year old technology, and the sound card in the Apple Macbook Pro is much newer...about a year old? I am amazed by the clarity and quality of music coming through right now! It is really musical and very warm and is running through my tube preamp and tube amp into my Forte II's . Has anyone else noticed this difference or is doing anything similar?

Can't answer your question specifically, but I've been very impressed with how much clearer and more musical a Mac is than my Dell desktop, in spite of replacing the sound card with a Sound Blaster Audigy and getting a 2.1 Promedia system. My next computer will probably be a Mac.

Why does my computer while streaming audio through Real Player sound much better than my Denon DVD-2900?

Hard to say w/o more info, but if you are running a micro jack split into RCA's as the comparison, I'd take a wild guess at this point that your stream audio is being upsampled by the Denon as it tries to help. As I said, a guess. What kind of stream are you playing?