logitech z560 vs. promedia 4.1s

Billie Jean

Has anybody heard the new Logitech z560 and had a chance to compare them to the promedia 4.1s? I own a pair of promedia 2.1s but i'm thinking of selling them and replacing them with the Logitech z560. What do you all think of the Logitechs? I love my promedias, but they sound too screechy for my ears. They are too bright and don't have a warm enough midrange.

------------------

<---I'm addicted--->

I don't think you can really compare them if the two are priced so different. The Z560 is priced less than half of the Promedia 4.1

If you don't throw in price, I would take the 4.1 over the Z560 (I currently have the v2-400 and I heard the z560). Speaker compartion is very difficult because it's subjective.

This message has been edited by vl168 on 01-11-2002 at 01:46 PM

Well I can say that the Z-560's are the same or better than the Promedia 4.1. I had both side by side to compare, and had to sell one and keep the other. I kept the Z-560's in a heart-beat. I recomend these speakers to anyone who likes loud sound!! Go with the Z-560's, save the extra $150 for something else. ~ Jeffrey

I like both. The bass on the Z-560's seems too boomy at times. I like "Klipsch" sound so I will stay with my ProMedia's, but if price was a big factor I would go for the Z-560's just because they are great starter speakers for the computer, but when you want some great 5.1's, there is only one choice Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

Justy the "klipsch sound" you like so much ...is that the ...schreech, pop, crackle, ballon fart, zing?

The name is Justin, nothing else.

Klipsch Sound is heavenly highs and beautiful lows. Certainlly nothing that comes from you.

Go back to BO$E, they are about your class of speakers I'd say.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

I've decided to get the z560s, but rather than get rid of my promedia 2.1, im gonna get an audigy and use the pros for the rear channel and the z560s for the front and center. Kinda like the 4.2, except its a 6.2 (potentially, im actually only gonna be able to use it as 5.2). Anyway, i cant wait to try it out (I need to get around to buying them first cwm9.gif)

yes you can do it but more than likely, your audigy will only give you 5.1 dvd's... Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>