KLF C-7 adjustment screws

storageman

storageman,

The legs on my C-7 weren't long enough for my TV, so I went to the local hardware store and just bought a length of threaded ready-rod. I believe 1/4" with standard threads. I will check to see if I can find the exact specs when I get home. I think I kept the tag for what I bought.

From the 3' length of threaded ready-rod, I cut the lengths I wanted with a hack saw and filed the ends. You'll also need a hex nut for each leg (comes with the legs). The leg screws into the bottom of the C-7, and the nut is tightened against the bottom of the C-7 to adjust/secure the length of the leg. The standard legs also come with rubber tips for the end of the legs, but I'm sure you can come up with something to protect your TV. You probably won't be able to find black ready-rod, so you might have to paint it if looks are a factor. This was all actually pretty easy and worked great for me. Been sitting on my TV for a couple of months and hasn't fallen off yet.

I'll try to confirm the size/thread of the ready-rod tonight. Hope this helps you.

Storageman,

Raneman is absolutely right, but if you're not inclined to recreate the parts, call up Klipsch and have them ship you a set of the threaded rods. They should provide them free of charge, since they should have been included in the first place.

Colin

------------------

My System

I checked, and what I used was just standard, cheap 1/4"-20 threaded, plated ready-rod. I suppose you could also save yourself some time and use 1/4" bolts. Colin is right that you could save the effort and order them from Klipsch. Don't know how much they would cost since you bought used. However, you noted that you were looking for about a 3" raise, and the legs that came with my C7 are barely 2 1/2" when screwed in. This was not long enough for my Sony Wega, which has an extremely steep slope on top. Anyway, at least you have some options.

BS....I would email Klipsch as an unsatisfed customer, I have 2 KLF-C7s, one on top of my Toshiba 53HX71, and thankfully able to angle down with "PINS" in place....

the other is RC, KLFC7, all with Khorns, LaScala's Hersey II's Smile.gif still lacking a "good" sub at my point.

7.0.....well RSW.....

The single pin on one corner design for tilting this 42 lb. speaker isn't very well thought out IMO. Both the pins that I have nearly poke through the plastic on the top of my tv! I've tried both and I'm seriously afraid that if they don't poke through due to the tremendous weight on one little tiny point then they will leave a nasty dent after time.

I can think of a few better ways of acheiving a tilt on the c7 right off the top of my head and I'm no speaker designer. cwm10.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 01-20-2002 at 01:42 PM

Busa,

Did you buy your C7 new? If so you should have gotten some plastic caps for the end of the screws. Just unscrew them all the way and screw them back in with the points going into the speaker and put the plastic caps on the end. Mine sits on top of my Hitachi RPTV and it has not made a scratch.