PLEASE READ! 2008

Glad to see I'm not the only one up too late around here. I'm off to catch some zzzzs soon. Isn't 8ish Saturday like donuts, coffee, other forms of caffeine? And signing waivers etc, etc... Before the real fun begins. I've always been something of a nightowl. It's a pain in the tush trying to conform to what seems to be an early bird (worm eaters) world.

Nola. Might save on a rental car if could find ride to / from airport. There's a Holiday Inn and a Super 8 withing easy walking distance to Klipsch headquarters. Should be easy to catch a ride to Indy Klipsch Fan's or the House of Klipsch both of which seem to be a pretty open invitation to everyone. Someone could probably pick you up and take you to the airport. I think I've volunteered a coule of weeks ago to help set up a tent or something.... I presume earlier in the day Friday. Arriving at 4:30 though could make catching a ride Friday evening a little tough as the classes (it's educational!) begin at 5:00 PM.

I think most of the itinerary info is in this thread (and way too much evidence that I'm probably nuttier than the rest - I think I've assumed the role of Monarch and gave titles to many and nobody complained but free reign means I reign for free over a kingdom that only exists in my mind or in this thread - sort of a puppet ruler with no real power or even ceremonial duties)... of course Saturday the topics aren't really announced but surprises are always fun. So assign yourself a title or maybe Amy can think of one as I'm not sure she's suggested any yet.

We like Amy and want to keep her happy. Hmmmmm better tranquilize myself and behave for a few days.... [:S]

Hey nola! Up late too?
There should be an itinerary floating around one of these threads...I'll look tomorrow when I'm at my desk instead of on this little handheld thingy :)
Saturday will actually start around 8ish. You have the address right, and rush hour in Indy typically isn't too bad where you will be going.
I'll get some more info to you tomorrow.

It's on your READ THIS thread (along with all the kings horsies- which could be it's own thread- sorry) I did change the reign to rein on the one saved on my computer, couldn't get access to Adobe until a friend helped.

Amy, there are three maps saved on the P2008 folder that Trey has. Maybe you could post those?

• 2 weeks later...

There shall be a Royal swearing in ceremony at the House of Klipsch for those serfs and apprentices wishing to join the Society.

Very keen observation with the wheelie cart. The Kingdom of the House of Klipsch is famous for wheelie carts.

Sir Michael,

Will there still be a swearing in ceremony at the House of Klipsch for those of us wishing to join the Society?

Amy, can u post the pdf Michael has on the full agenda (start times ) and the maps for the out of towner's...

Maybe a new thread Pilgrimage 08 to start over...

do the agenda

a map

etc and lock it so no comments..in that thread.

If you want to also mention my welcome party Indy Fest 08 please do so as well. (I know I am not a "official" event for Klipsch, but I am officially asking anyone who wants to come to do so. Fans and Employees of Klipsch are welcome.) We will have music and HT demos, food and drinks... so as they say in Arkansas..Y'all welcome!

I am over 40 ppl at this time...and growing fast as well.

Everyone got the message to bring their checkbook and a photo ID, right?

The reason for the checkbook....I'm going to be selling pictures of an earlobe & telling people it's Amy's...

I'm hoping they'll sell like hotcakes!

[6]

• Moderators

Indy,

Start times, locations, and map links are in the only sticky post in this section. If anyone has questions, please email me!

I don't think anyone needs to know anything else [:)]

Your party has gotten immense! Are you sure you want more people?? [;)]

Coytee,

I'm continuing to ignore you.

• Like 1

Yes the more the better.. we should be fine...and I have room too.

Just "helpful suggestions" is all Amy.. I thought Michales pdf on the itinerary was good.. and just clicked on it last night..

It is more of a outline of the whole weekend.. So people know what to expect. My fear was for the newbies.. they might not be able to open it.. or have a clue yet?

Roger

Richard,

Looking forward to hear the story behind this ear lobe fetish of yours this year.

Hope it won't be too embarrasing for Amy.

BTW, I AM going to bring my checkbook, no matter what my wife says.[;)]

• Moderators

Looking forward to hear the story behind this ear lobe fetish of yours this year.

Don't be too disappointed. There is no story. Richard is just that strange.

[:)]

It's strictly 'Don't ask, don't tell'.

On both the itinerary and the ear lobes.... [;)]

Deans on the way over pretty soon and Bill Hendrix and company are stopping by tomorrow afternoon. Getting excited, more household stuff to do. Which networks should I put in the Khorns? LOL

Klipsch Pilgrimage 2008
Itinerary
Friday June 20, 2008
5:00 Arrive, meet at Klipsch Indianapolis Headquarters
5:15-9:00 Workshop Sessions (1:15 each- we must clear the building by 9:30 pm)
Classical Music Appreciation in the Home Theater Room – Forum member Larry Clare hosts a video cornucopia of classical delights on a flagship Klipsch system.
Beta Test Procedures in the Industrial Design Lab – Learn about the processes used in beta testing new Klipsch products, requirements for becoming a tester, and what type of feedback Engineering is looking for.
Networks / Engineering Lab - Engineer Roy Delgado discusses crossover networks utilizing our anechoic chamber and testing software.
Saturday June 21, 2008
8:00-8:30 Assemble at Klipsch Headquarters- Terrace Level
Coffee, visit, see historical presentation on monitors
8:30-9:00 Kickoff Intro by Jim Hunter in Terrace Lobby
Divide into seven tour groups
9:00-12:30 Tour of Engineering Facility and audio listening rooms
7 Displays @ 25 minute with 5 minute tour time between stops
12:30-1:30 Lunch at Klipsch Café, Terrace Level (seating under the Big Top)
1:30-5:00 Free reign to visit the listening rooms of your choice or the other displays listed below.
5:00-6:00 Clear Engineering facility, freshen up at hotels.
6:00-7:30 Dinner followed by announcements and introductions
7:30-9:00 Town Hall Meeting