Academy for sale => SOLD

myram

I have a friend who is breaking up his system and he is selling his Academy. It is in great condition and has been very well taken care of. It is Oiled Oak with the black grill....he just dropped it off here tonight so I will be taking some pics of it to get it ready for eBay if no one here wants it.

He is selling it for $600 + UPS ground shipping and insurance.

I accept PayPal(their fees will be charged to the buyer), Money Orders, and Cashiers Checks....NO PERSONAL CHECKS.

I am the middle man in this so you can email me at myram@angelfire.com and we'll go from there.

------------------

Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by myram on 01-19-2002 at 08:47 PM

did the klipsch stock just go up? seems like everything's selling for a lot more these days. i love klipsch, especially the used market because they were great buys for the money - but now these used equipments are selling for more than their original price. cornwalls for almost $2,000, academy for $600 plus shipping ... man, i'm just going to have to wait for these prices to go back to a reasonable level before i can build my dream system. but i'm sure they're worth it if you had the money ....

*** nice pictures.

Yeah boa,looks like those Cornwalls are getting more valuable by the minute.

Thought the same guy that buys the Academy might need a pair of S-6's too!

At least we're giving myram a free bump!

Good luck to us all!

Keith

Steve,

THANK YOU! But don't hold the speaker for me any longer. I hope the following posts will jog your memory.

GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR?

LEEROY

A few random thoughts:

myram

Crazy Poster Posts: 272

I'd like to find an Academy center channel somewheres for sale. But even on all the sites I check, and eBay.....I have never seen one for sale. When did they stop producing the Academy? What would the going rate be for one used?

------------------------------------------------------

Mikekid

Crazy Poster Posts: 443

posted 02-02-2001 09:30 PM

myram, every once in a great while, an Academy goes up on ebay. Have to keep your eyes peeled, it took over a year for me to find a "mint" one in oak. I think production stopped in '95/'96? Going rate seems to be between $200-$300, depending on condition.Hey..this thing is FANTASTIC!!!!Take care.Mike (If I should happen to run across one, I'll let you know)

myram

Crazy Poster Posts: 395

posted 10-20-2001 07:10 AM

I agree with Jim.......it took me a month or so of having wanted ads all over the internet. But in the end I got a perfect black Academy with manual and box for $200.....well worth the wait. During that time I was waiting, I watched 2-3 Academy speakers sell for $550-$625 on ebay. And after I got mine for $200.....I ended up getting another one, within a week, for $225 for a buddy of mine who was looking for one, this one also included box, manual, and was oak. So if you take your time you will not have to pay alot of money for one, but it takes patience.

myram

Crazy Poster Posts: 275

posted 08-20-2001 09:08 PM

Recent Academy prices on eBay - $510$275$550$610 Just crazy prices for a $400 speaker when it was brand new.

myram

Crazy Poster Posts: 395

posted 10-18-2001 10:12 AM

Hey Mike......email the seller of the one that ended last week. The reserve price was not met, so see what he will accept for it.....you might be able to get a good deal out of him with a little BS on your part.

This message has been edited by Lucky Leeroy on 01-20-2002 at 08:53 PM

My guess is that Steve is gonna get a piece of the pie since he found it for the guy in the first place. Maybe then he'll be able to get his Forte II's he's been looking for. Now don't be doing any favors for your Klipsch brothers and sisters, Steve. What, a $75 - $100 profit isn't good enough for this guy? I've always said "what goes around, comes around"...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 01-15-2002 at 10:59 AM

A year ago I purchased a set of Quartets to use as a center speaker for my 4 Forte IIs. The first thing that I did was remove the base and mount its sideways on the wall, using a TV wall mount. The matching K61 was a huge improvement over the C7 that it replaced. No shielding of course, but it hasn't been a problem with my Mitsubishi tube. The intention from that start was to modify the cabinet and tip the horns by 90 degree. Well FINALLY I am within a week of actually having the project become reality. I will try to post pictures when I am done. I am undecided about what to do with the Quartet that I am current using. If someone is interested in it "AS IS" (i.e. original configuration; WO; maybe 7.5-8.0 out of 10 cosmetic/10 functional), I would let it go for what I paid for it ($225). The local cabinet maker charged me $130 to (re)build the new front, that the speakers mount on. It was created by cutting out the original front and remounting the openings in the new orientation in a maple 'frame'. The frame mounts 3/4 inch "on top" of it original position (and therefore added 3/4 in depth to the inside of the cabinet - a benefit in case bucking magnets are necessary).

This message has been edited by jerohm on 01-15-2002 at 09:50 AM