Academy for sale => SOLD

myram

What can a guy only have 1 friend??

It just so happens that my buddy that I found the Academy for is still loving it and using it with his Cornwalls for a great front stage.

This is another friend of mine that is breaking down his system because he just doesn't use HT enough to have the big speaker just sitting there. He is going back to 2 channel stereo and is selling this Academy due to lack of use.

This thread was meant to help those who are looking for an Academy. If you don't agree with the price he is asking, then move on and don't buy it. Next time if I have anything for sale, it will go directly to eBay and I'll forget all about trying to help out the people here.

------------------

Home Theater Page

>>Next time if I have anything for sale, it will go directly to eBay and I'll forget all about trying to help out the people here.<<

I for one hope that you continue to post 'for sale' items.

To all:

I bought a KV-3 from Myram this past summer for an extremely reasonable $200. He didn't try to screw me over even though he could have. In fact, at one point in the transaction process I thought that I'd have to back out because I didn't have room to fit the speaker in my tv cabinet. Steve was extremely helpful in measuring the speaker in a number of different positions so I could confirm clearance. In the end I drove up to Maine from MA and bought the KV-3. While I was there he was gracious enough to show off his new Academy and the rest of his system. We talked HT, Klipsch, and demo'd a DVD or two. He's a good guy and helps a lot of people here.

I would respectfully submit that it's not his fault that the guy is asking $600 for the speaker. Steve's the sellers broker and he's only giving the people here an opportunity to purchase a speaker without getting into an Ebay bidding war. If I asked him to sell my speakers for $500 on Ebay and he sold them here for $300 I'd be pretty pissed.

As much as I want an Academy I have to say that I wouldn't pay the $600 for it. I'd go to $400 at the highest. However, a lot of people at Ebay ARE willing to pay that $600 asking price. The guy that Steve is selling it for probably determined his selling price based on current Ebay sales. He has that right. If he can get $600 on Ebay who cares if he only paid $225? Doesn't he have a right to make a profit if it's there to be made. It's not like he's forcing bidders on Ebay to make bids. They'll determine if they think that asking price is fair. It's clear that the members here have determined that it's not.

End Rant mode.

------------------

Primary System:

Main KG-4

Center KV-3

Rear RS-3

Yamaha HTR-5250

Sony DVP-S560D

Panasonic PV-9664

Sony DBS system

Studio:

Main KG-3

Sony STR-AV920

Pioneer PD-4351

This message has been edited by erdric on 01-15-2002 at 09:42 PM

If someone wants to post an ad for whatever price....more power to him/her. There IS someone out there who thinks the price is fine and will buy it!

If I see something that I want that to me is a bit high, I make an offer and hope....If that doesn't work, I'll wait for the next one.

NO BIG DEAL..................

Take care

Mike

I also collect basketball cards (especially older MJ) and there are so many people that are buying just to try and resale to make a profit. Its created a terrible market for sports memorabilia for those who just like to collect. This kind of thing reminds me of that scene.

I guess its just comes with the territory. And of course the morons that pay these rediculous prices is what feeds people to do this kind of thing.

Regard's Monty R

This message has been edited by montigue on 01-16-2002 at 12:38 PM

Steve,

Sorry about my earlier remarks. I just assumed it was the same guy and you know what they say when you assume.

I certainly don't want you to stop advertising equipment on this board, but I also don't want you to think you're doing anybody here a favor by advertising that speaker for $600 either. Now, If you happen to see an Oiled Oak Academy somewhere in the $250 price range, please do speak up... Biggrin.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

If you don't mind our asking...

How much, and on what forum (if any)? I've been looking in all the usual places for any sign of an Academy, to no avail (not that I was going to spend that $600 asking price, anyway...)

------------------

This message has been edited by chuckears on 01-20-2002 at 05:06 AM