Congratulations Ryan Newman

nu2toobs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A well deserved win. Drinks,Drinks. He's a straight shooter, one that other drivers could learn some manners from, that's for sure.

ps I still don't like the new, "car of today"

I think it evens out the playing feild. I didn't see any Rousch (Fords) up there after the change. Toyotas are the ones to watch out for. They put 30 more HP than their competiters.

TOYOTA ...... Nascar continues it's push to be a Global Event ..... One thing you know for sure, If Toyota starts winning alot of races there will be the OLD NASCAR Rule change, that's their answer to everything. I have been a Nascar fan for more years than I like to admit, but they are becoming, Bland, un-entertaining, gas mileage figures more than raw horse-power, drivers are the new "Rock Star", it's not the Sport it use to be ......... It use to be OUR sport, not anymore, Nascar is happy, Big Money in their pockets, another American Sport sold out for fan dollars ......... When the dust settles, it will still be Chevy, and Ford on top, the way it should be ...................

"Hello, ...Newman!"

It was nice to see the Michigan-based Penske Team win again, not to mention 1-2, after a two-year dry spell. It was a pretty exciting final 20 laps (not counting all of those cautions, of course).

About the only difference I see between those cars is the paint colors and possibly the engines. Oh I forgot, maybe different brands of radios for communication. The only car out there that I liked was the Corvette Z06 pace car with steel crank, titanium rods, valves, aluminum engine and heads, dry sump, reverse flow cooling, and lots more.

JJK

So...let me see if i got this right... or left...

Ryan Newman and a bunch of friends made lots of right and left turns and bought Jubilees and are going to listen to them with Amy Winehouse....

I am sure an alligator was involved somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't figger out where...

Wow! They sure were busy.

That Florida must be a very strange place...

Isn't that the crash that killed DALE EARNHARDT ........ NASCAR has been on a downhill slide with me because of that crash, the Track Owners and NASCAR should have had soft walls in place before that accident, the neck gear should have be mandated before that crash, then turn around and try and blame the shoulder strap company, are you kidding me or what ............. spend the money needed to protect the drivers, instead of putting it in their pockets ......... Within the next 5 years they will be racing in Japan and Europe, as the Money machine rolls along ...... This Racing product is not what it was about in the beginning, Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday, real cars for real people, not the product they are selling now !!!!!!

Buck, you can go to a regional dirt or paved track any week just about anywhere. And while I understand the notion that the cars bear little resemblance to anything the brand name seems to imply, its not the small tracks that have grown. People aren't packing the stands to see stock cars go 60 mph (although I enjoy the bumping MUCH more on the small tracks!)

Its like sports at any level. If you want to see real baseball go watch a college game. If you want to see real football that is not simply a function of statistical analysis, go watch a sandlot game.

The opportunity to see what everyone seems to enjoy lamenting is all around us, yet how many folks actually walk their talk instead of watching events like college or pro football on the weekend or Nascar on TV?

And racing was not about selling what you drive in the beginning! Unless you mean bootleg whiskey!

There's no need to complain.

Its all around. Just get off your posterior and go.

Nascar is a high money sport, its the biggest car racing sport. Bigger than F1

Absolutely!

Look at the migration of drivers from other styles to Nascar.

Personally i would quite enjoy the other formats more if they didn't mix classes that simply create hazards and if they opened up the courses allowing for more turns and opportunities to actually run side by side and to pass than the single file chicanes and tight turns.

On the other hand, I would like Nascar better if they had an irregular track with left and right hand turns - but not like they do sticking them on a traditional road course that simply turns them into poor handling F1 or CanAm cars on a far too tight track necessitating that they simply go around the track in single file.