KP-600 System

dpbenson

Ok.. It took us about 20 minutes to swap the horn modules around.. The shafts were the same size and it was just a really really tight fit to get them through the back of the cabinet. In my configuration, going with the mirror image gave us pretty much expected results. The mids coupled up on the inside and we got more separation with the high freq's on the outside..So, with that, one more EQ session and I'm calling this project DUN..done. Evidently, I've really got to start messing with this stuff when I'm sober.....thanks,dpb

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I just read this thread about the KP600 system.............. many interesting comments. However, no one has chimed in on this yet about the Italian connection. Lest we forget.

The KP 600 system's initial design with its unique attributes actually started in Brescia, Northern Italy. Yes that got your attention!

The concept was the brainchild of a 1960's rock musician by the name of Guido Noselli. The company that he founded in the 70's, Outline, was for many years the distributor for Klipsch & Associates in Italy. Outline distributed both the consumer and professional product lines for Klipsch alongside their own products that were designed in house and had many engineering exchanges. Outline continued its association with WWR/Klipsch Professional. Klipsch and Outline exchanged many ideas over the years. The entire engineering crew at K&A (not just Hunter and Delgado for there were many others) did a great job on the KP600 but it was not just a homegrown Hope, AR thing.

FASCINATING articles, sounds like they could have been written by Mr. Paul hisself.

http://outlinearray.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194&Itemid=82〈=en

Doc, read the second to the last one about power levels of various frequencies determining differences in systems meant for Pop/Rock music v Disco.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump!!! I am not sure what you meant by that but it brought to mind to ask if anyone had noticed that the KP600 system was designed to pack efficiently into a standard semi-trailer van. The first stack would roll into the truck and sit to one side facing forward. The second stack would roll in and be placed along side but facing aft thus utilizing the full width of the trailer ..............and so on.

Made life easy for the bump out and rolling down the highway!!!.

• Like 1

Yep, there is a diagram showing how to pack the trailer in the KP600 owner's manual. There was a lot of good design elements to that system. I just made up a set of wheel boards for my setup. With new table saw in the shop, I'll be able to whittle out a few cabinet pieces that I need to replace (the plywood upright in the HF cab).

What we're doing is BUMPing this thread to the top of the section by making a simple post to it. Many of us do this to help out newcomers or those with questions about Klipsch loudspeakers. There's not a week goes by that I don't get a phone call, email or PM about some issue or another. Usually quite willing to help, the information is generally already here on the Forum but some are better with the Search function than others.

Michael

• Moderators

I had a chance to hear these for the first time this weekend, unbelievable is all I can say.

Whoever owns this rare model is very lucky, a single pair with some extra subs (they had 8 ) sounded great anywhere in the full size baseball Field and beyond, clear, clean and very detailed. And this was with 5 different bands from one guy with an acoustic guitar, a Jazz Quartet to a five person rock band, just perfect.

post-11804-13819598425044_thumb.jpg

post-11804-13819616593246_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Again, hugely fascinating read. I thought the KP600 series was reminding me of something... and it makes sense. Our old rig was the Outline Doppia and Tripla system, which are both fully horn loaded, and look like the logical direct descendents of the KP600 - even sharing a designer (from what @thackmate said) - Guido Noselli.

Guess I'll have to use them when we run out of headroom on our rig for 1500+ events!

• Like 1