Infared remote code for RW-12d

y7deluxe

I wrote Klipsch and received an email with the available codes. If you give me your email I can send you the codes. I use a URC MX-850 remote and the codes worked great for me, I also have an RW-12D.

Here is the message that I recieved from Klipsch along with the codes:

Hello,
The IR codes attached only work with select
learning type remotes. The Philips Pronto, RTI
brand and Universal brand, if you have a
programmable type of remote, the type that takes
3-4 digit codes, then the manufacturer is
responsible for getting you the code. I will
attach the codes and information I have available.
UEI manufactured remotes, http://www.uei.com,
under products you should notice the One-For-All,
the Kameleon, and the Nevo. The code that should
work for these brand remotes is 1991 for the IR
Reference subs. Please note this is for all UEI
remotes only.
If you have a Logitech Harmony remote add the
Device in your Harmony software in the following
manner.
Add Device, choose Amplifier, choose Amplifier the
second time, and choose Klipsch from the Manuf.
listing, then type in the model just as they are
below for the model you own.
RW-10d
RW-12d
RSW-10d
RT-10d
RT-12d
When replying to this email, please include the
original message and all replies.
Thanks,
Greg Rodgers
Klipsch Technical Support
Klipsch Group Americas
888-554-5665

Your remote won't be able to "download" the codes to your remote, however it could most likely learn the codes from another remote. Maybe you can locate someone with a remote that can get the codes and use that remote to use teach your learning remote the codes.

I actually thought of that earlier but ruled it out due to the fact that I have terrible luck. I guess I'll put a craigslist add up and see if I can find somebody who would be willing to try that. Thanks for the tip. I didn't think it'd work at all when I thought of it, but now that you've said the same thing, it's definitely worth a try :)

Pros: puts out more than what I was looking for bass wise. I don't listen to anything too loud, I just wanted some bass for my movies/music and it does exactly what I was looking for in that respect.

Cons: my universal remote is not compatible with it. My universal remote is the remote that came with my Yamaha receiver and so far it's been compatible with my DirectTV box, tv, dvd player, cd player and receiver(obviously). So the fact that this sub doesn't have an input for this remote is very frusterating. As you can see above, I need to find somebody who has a remote that is compatible and see whether mine can "learn" from theirs. I'm pretty sure this will work, but it's a bit of hassle since I don't know anybody :\

side note: I purchased mine off of eBay from reference3713 for $429.00 plus shipping. I'm not sure if this is a good price or not, but if you wait long enough and are patient, he will continue to relist them and you can eventually get it for as low as that price... http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&dfsp=3&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=33511&sabfmts=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=reference3713&fsop=3%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

good luck.

Y7, How are you liking your sub? I currently have the Sub-12 and am seriously considering pulling the trigger and upgrading to your model. Any likes/dislikes?

mariode, I also have the RW-12d, its a great sub! It sounds great works well with both music and home theater. I am running it with 2 RF-5s, an RC-7 and 4 RS-3s and it works very well with this combo. I also like the digital controls and I do use my remote with the sub it works great and I really like the convenience of controlling the sub by remote. When I play music my remote will automatically switch the sub to music mode, when I watch something on TV my remote will automatically switch the sub to movie mode. I have great control of the subs controls with my remote, I use it with a URC MX-850 remote. So I am very happy with the RW-12d in every way and I have no dislikes.

BTW before buying the RW-12d I bought an HSU STF-2 sub, I had heard a lot of good things about HSU subs. I returned the HSU after a week I just did not like its sound musically. I am really happy I returned the HSU the RW-12d is worlds better!