Palladiums at Indy Ovation

colterphoto1

• Moderators

Weird info coming from the people at Klipsch, but Palladiums are there, go ahead call or visit and enjoy them.

Joe

Sorry, I was given conflicting information on Friday. Looks like they were mistaken. Go listen!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ovation Ultimate phone number is 317 863 2285.

By all means, if you can't come Thursday evening, go on Friday during the day or evening, and or Saturday!

Ovation Ultimate (Entrance is closer to 82nd street)

6609 E 82nd street

Indianapolis, IN 46250

** Thursdays attendees will get a really cool limited edition info booklet.. You do not want to miss this.. (First come, first serve.)

They sound awesome! Look awesome... I think (almost) every one will be very happy with these!

• Moderators

There's been photos posted so I guess I can say- three tower sizes, center, surrounds, and the guys had some really far-out sub with monstrous silver drivers and curvy panels on the parking lot the other day for LF testing.

I think Mark's question was what models will be at the store? If that's the case, just the P-39Fs. The other models are not done yet.

Apparently they showed up over the weekend. I am going to stop by this evening on my way home and make sure everything is going well. I want them to get some break-in time before the event on Thursday. Just so you know, this pair won't be there after this weekend. They are coming back here to the Indy office to become my demo pair for use in training and media events so go listen while you can! Also, I am going to bring at least one other model with me on Thursday when I am there. They won't be played but I will show them off. If you miss me Thursday you'll miss the extra models.

Jim

I stopped in Ovation last night on my way home to check and see how things were going. The speakers are right inside the front door and were on when I walked in. They are currently using a BAT pre and amp with an Esoteric spinner. They said they are going to change out to a different disc player later this week - that one did sound good though. Go check 'em out this week and let us know what you think. Don't forget to show up Thursday night to see some of the other models I'm going to bring with me.

Jim

OK, I wanted to reserve in a long(er) post what I feel, till they were officially introduced so a few others also had a shot at these to listen too. I spent over 2 hours listening to a lot of different music, and just gathering my thoughts on the Palladiums yesterday. So, a semi long post is here if you care instead..LOL

Your also my friends here on the forum, and I do not work for Klipsch, so I am free to think what I think and want. So I will give you some of my thoughts in a non technical way here now.

I think in some ways when you switch between various Klipsch speakers they do indeed sound quite different. And lord knows I have a LOT of Klipsch Heritage and Reference and KG and etc., etc., in my house.. Even pro models, so I can speak with some knowledge to what I am about to say... Within the Klipsch family you do get a different flavor of how the music is presented.. A Cornwall VS Klipschorn VS Reference vs KG, even VS the Jubilees, it is, indeed, different.

Enter the P 39 F (Palladium)

No Colorization at all, seems seamless from the lowest notes to the highest. The three 9 inch woofers provide excellent bass! The 4 1/2 inch mid tractrix horn is quite open, without what seems any colorization at all. The tweeter is very clean and natural. (What might be the really big home run here..Is the mids... And I mean BIG home run with male and female voices and just listening to orchestra music with a cello solo for instance...Or a simple 3 piece Jazz Combo.) With the matching tweeter they seem to provide full, big, clean, direct, sound. I have learned a lot over the years about how x overs work to separate the sound to the speaker drivers and various things used to "fix" the sound of the drivers used for the application desired as well? It is like the P 39's took a simpler design, and used superior drivers and superior parts available for this x over application, had BMW design works design a superior cabinet, and I think Roy Delgado designed the mid Tractrix horn and Horn Tweeter... The bottom line is this, they hit a major home run, and the Palladiums sound wonderful.

Make no mistake about it.... Klipsch has a huge winner here! And they should have, at 15,000 Retail. It will be a different class of dealer and buyer on both ends for these as well. This is not just like when they introduced the reference line.... This is a BIG jump, and then some. And they got it right too!

The good news, is my wife also liked them. She was concerned where to
put some picture frames if we switched out the K horns. LOL Where to
put the K horns etc., etc., even without me asking her. LOL. So she is
thinking ahead, so a good sign. And this was after she heard the
price..LOL So, WAF in our house, a good thing on the Palladiums!

(Not that it matters, but out of college I sold fax machines and Copiers for Cannon... Some of those were over 15,000 and I KNOW they would be replaced in 3-5 years too. LOL)

The bottom line is this... You just have to go hear the Palladiums yourself. No amount of me saying this or that, or Klipsch magic marketing will convince you, if you do not like them. It is a new era, IMO, for Klipsch. When your buying speakers that cost about as much as a starter car for some.. You hope will work and function 5- 10 years or so??? Maybe (unlike the car) you STILL will be enjoying these for 5, 10, 20, 30 years from now. I doubt most that can afford them at 15k have problems with finding a good pre amp, amp CD player, Interconnects, and special speaker wire "worthy" too....LOL... BTW, I listened to stuff I knew, and stuff I never heard before. (Always
good to do if your auditioning speakers, because the stuff you know you
can listen for clues, like do they do this or that well... And stuff I
did not know at all, so I was just listening to what was given to me
and not for cues...)

That 30 years got me to thinking....

I have Heresies I worked a long summer to buy when I was 16. I am 46 now. So for 30 years I have enjoyed them.

Looking at the Palladiums at $15,000.00

15,000 divided by 30 years = 500 dollars a year..

500 dollars a year divided by 365 days = 1.3698 a day to listen to them.

So, a little over a dollar, and less than a cup of coffee..... you, too, can have your dream speakers to enjoy all you want? Is it worth it? That's for you to decide. hahahahahaha

These will be at Ovation Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Word from Jim G is they will then disappear to Klipsch headquarters till at least June.. So here is your one shot to hear them for now! I am sure I will say a lot more after Thursday night.

• Moderators

Thanks for posting your feedback, Roger. It has already made it's way around the company [:)]

We definitely appreciate the time you have taken to seriously listen, and also the time to gather and write your thoughts.

Should I write the check out to you, or your wife? KIDDING! [:D]

I'm looking forward to getting the feedback from Thursday's demo...