Palladiums at Indy Ovation

colterphoto1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice writeup Roger. We should send you as 'advance man' on all our unveilings! Sereiously gang, I've known Roger for years, and he does have a lot of experience with Klipsch speakers, so he has a valid ear for comparison. And remember, Roger is a singer/producer, so when he says that male and female vocals are smooth, natural, and uncolored- you can take that to the bank. Brilliant Rog.

TOMORROW NIGHT gang- that's 36 hours from now!

I'm going to try to be there for the show on Thursday night and also Friday (to meet with any out-of-towners coming in for a demo).

I even got a haircut so Hittle won't be ashamed to have me around.

Ovation Ultimate phone number is 317 863 2285.

By all means, if you can't come Thursday evening, go on Friday during the day or evening, and or Saturday!

Ovation Ultimate (Entrance is closer to 82nd street)

6609 E 82nd street

Indianapolis, IN 46250

TONIGHT March 20th 2008, 6 - 8 PM

Thanks Roger...........

I just returned from Ovation Audio. I got the Experience and thrill of a life time! I listened to the 39Fs, and they absolutely blow you away. Imagine a gentle fan blowing directly at you...........you FEEL the Power of these speakers, and this was with the Volume setting low, and standing approximately 15 feet away! They have such a strong impact that you will Not need a Subwoofer! The Sound is crisp and clear, and the bass is beyond anything I have Ever heard or Felt !

Congratulations to Jim G and the entire team for a magnificent product.

They have set a new level of audio excellence beyond compare. Please, take the time, if your able and go listen for yourself.

Please excuse my lousy prose..............but I am still tingling all over from the Experience!

It was good to see the Klipsch lovers out last night. Several of my coworkers were there along with Midwest sales rep Mark 'the Hitman' Hittle and SE rep Eric Zamudio. It's amazing to see how products like the Palladium get from concept to production model. The process is truly staggering. I saw the Palladium go from drawings to concept components, rough cabinets, further modifications, even more modifications,and testing, testing, testing.

Finally- the first production pair to hit the US.

And I was there to hear them.

Congratulations to Jim G and the entire team for a magnificent product.

I'd been able to spend some quality Palladium time at Klipsch, but hearing THIS pair, in the public, was kind of magical. The highs are crystal clear, the midrange has no hint of any 'horn coloration' nada, none, nil. Spectacular soundstage with no special placment issues. And when Jim put on the Victor Wooten, the bass was just SICK (in the words of my dear friend Doc 'Grasshopper' Who) !! Detailed, pulsing, nary a cabinet vibration. Dead flat, punchy, lifelike. Power Detail Emotion, like it says on the box.

The gents at the new Ovation Ultimate shop (separate from the Ovation audio/video store) have outfitted the place with some outrageous gear. Each of 5-6 listening rooms was tastefully decorated and featured a different brand identity in both electronics and speaker system. The new theater with anamorphic lens and masking screen was simply amazing. Thanks to Ultimate Manager Duke for getting me through all the science of the optical system. They have a great sales team assembled, they really know their stuff, you should stop by and have a chat with the guys sometime.

And the owner's manual is kicking too!

Michael

To quote Arnold from Predator, "This is getting bettaw by de minute."

Amy that picture makes them look like the huge, beautiful loudspeakers I yearn for. They look about 5.5' tall according to the door, but when I look at the floor tile and make believe its 12" tile instead of 6", they look 11 feet tall. The size of that midhorn has caught my attention too.

I wasn't there to listen to them, so I can only comment on these visuals. And they look like they might be the middle finish darkness, which I really like alot better than the lightest. I would either do the dark or middle finish.

Can anyone comment on the vertical dispersion of the horns. Generally you want to be sitting with the tweeter horn at ear level. Are these "standup and listen" speakers or is the radiation lobe vertically wide and even enough to accomodate both sitting and standing? Did anyone listen both sitting and standing?

Mr. Colter: My reference on midhorn performance is Cornwall II; would you say that it has horn coloration? To me its the ideal midhorn sound. How would you say the P39F midhorn performs in terms of (or relative to) Cornwall II performance?

These P39Fs look stunning, even from this distance!

Kimball

I think lovers of the Heritage sound would agree with me that in the exponential horn world, the LS/Khorn K400 horn is superior to the K600/K700 of the Cornwall and Heresy. To my ear, just about any Tractrix horn is clearly superior to any exponential. The Tractrix mid horn of the Palladium (a 60x90 horn with 4" cone used as a compression driver) is the best of the best in the horn world.

It positively does not sound like any horn you have ever heard.

I was digging the bass from a seated position on the floor (Roy Delgado-style) about 10 feet from the Palladiums. I was losing a bit of the high end but the bass was enormous. I listen at home this same way a lot. More floor-shock-through-seat-of-pants listening.

The ones Amy shows in the photo are the lightest of the finishes. I don't know the names, but it's like tigerwood, the medium is more a burgundy color, and the dark we've title Expresso. Same stripes, but darker base colors on the last two.