Palladiums at Indy Ovation

colterphoto1

• Moderators

I have a question, i thought the palladiums were already sold a bit before christmas?

The P-39F Flagship model was released before Christmas, and the first production units shipped to Europe (since they were the first to order). The rest of the line will be available in June. Sorry for the confusion!

dtel,

I overheard a lot of positive comments from the Ovation employees, but Jim would know better exactly what they said. I'll see if I can get him to post about it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Amy,Just to clarify. The Palladium P-39F speakers are available now, but the matching Palladium center speaker and surround speakers won't be available until June, correct?

That's correct. Most US dealers will not have the P-39F until the rest of the line is available, however. They are currently in Germany, Italy, Norway, and Russia.

Does anyone know Ovation's hours of operation? I checked their web site and could not find the hours. I will be in Indy next week on a quick business trip, and I would really like to check out the Palladiums. Tuesday evening would be my best opportunity if they are open late. Maybe Wednesday early afternoon if I can wrap up business on Wednesday morning.

David

Seadog in da house.... yo yo yo, c d - o single g. fer snizzle..

Ovation Ultimate (next to Ovation audio!)

6609 e 82nd street..Indy 46250

(2 blocks west of I- 69 and 82nd street.)

317 863 2285

I think they were returned to Klipsch HQ already, but call and see?

Roger thanks for the info and the yo,yo.....

I called Ovation yesterday afternoon, and yes, the Palladiums were returned to Klipsch. Dang it, I missed them by only one week!

I did have a friendly 45-minute phone conversation with James (very informed and passionate about audio - a rarity in audio retail here in North Texas). They are open until 8 pm on weeknights, so I will try to drop in next week and check out the Ovation Ultimate store.

• 3 weeks later...

I made my trip to Indy and back (no thanks to American Airlines and their MD80 problems). Although I didn't get to see the Palladiums, I did get to stop in at Ovation Ultimate to see their store. Duke, the GM, spent about two hours with me demonstrating several of their systems. Very impressive high-end audio retailer, but they need to get those Palladiums back in there ASAP! [:D]

More importantly, I took up Michael on his invitation to the House O Klipsch. I have posted a separate thread for my "report" on that visit. Link is below.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/103640.aspx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

meagain.,.,.,

I feel these have the same low hitting big impact as the K horns.. Very solid but not boomy!

People will really be surprised.

That said, it is also different.. The K horn bottoms fill the room out the sides. They also need very good room placement in a room that is ideal for them too. And to me, a k horn bottom tends to me sometimes to sound boomy, where these are not at all with the same material.

The biggest "improvement," if I can call it that, is the mid horn.. it is just amazing on the palladiums. No coloration at all. No ear fatigue either.

I will be very very interested what "the masses" think in June.

• 1 year later...

Nice thread- It will most likely be quite some time before we see any of these within driving distance of Charlotte NC. What kind of power does it take -ampwise to run these properly ? I am definitely not a player on these at this time- but maybe down the road if I sell off some other toys.

I can only imagine what these sound like with a killer TT setup..