Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

Numbers on the tags are 37333 &37334.

I got them hooked and one is dead and the other has very little sound. I am pretty bummed but, it might be as simple as replacing the cap. but I am not sure. If one you could tell me where to measure the resistance on the cap, woofer or tweeter that would be great.

You have patios. Can't believe we didn't get it from the "corner" description and 18". Sorry about that.

Definitely not 50's. Highly efficient and weatherized, though it looks like those took some serious weather.

Not folded horns at all, but dang fine speakers. I have a pair hanging on my...patio. Incredible imaging across the pool. Good luck with them.

Dave

Dave - Was that "ears ear" a typo or on purpose? I liked it either way.

Runnin - Are those 10's or 12's in there for the woofers? There are substitutes one can use from Electrovoice. Exactly what model number........I can't say. I'm actually trying to find out what I will need for my 15" in my recently acquired Elevens. (Dave let me know if you have any info) Todd suggested some general EV 1500's but didn't sound exactly certain. I think he's on vacation this weekend so when he gets back he will chime in on these. Depending on what number those tweeters are, I may have a spare laying around.

Mark

Dave - Was that "ears ear" a typo or on purpose? I liked it either way.

Runnin - Are those 10's or 12's in there for the woofers? There are substitutes one can use from Electrovoice. Exactly what model number........I can't say. I'm actually trying to find out what I will need for my 15" in my recently acquired Elevens. (Dave let me know if you have any info) Todd suggested some general EV 1500's but didn't sound exactly certain. I think he's on vacation this weekend so when he gets back he will chime in on these. Depending on what number those tweeters are, I may have a spare laying around.

Mark

Mark, I think they are 10's, for they look small to me. I am just hoping that I can bring them back to life. I am pretty happy to learn that they are outdoor speakers. Wife and I spend a lot of time outside drinking wine in the summer months and I don't really want to drag Heresys out there, so these should be perfect.

Sterling

Well, if you look on the back of the speakers, these were built before "zip codes" went into effect, since they say Dallas, 20, Texas. I mean I never even thought they might have been Patio's. Jack built them forever. Matter of fact, when Jack passed away, and we sold the company, we still offered them on our hi-fi price sheet.

Patio's:

8" woofer

3" cone tweeter

HPF

Frazier F1500 High Powered 15" woofer from EV used in the X215W, the X15W and the ELEVEN. Guess you might have to do some researcg from Electro-Voice. I looked on the e-bay EV site, but saw none that looked like the ones we used.

Wife and I spend a lot of time outside drinking wine in the summer months and I don't really want to drag Heresys out there, so these should be perfect.

They'll compare nicely to Heresys. They are "weatherized," but you still don't want them in direct precip.

Dave

Hey Guys,

Just getting back from the dead as I've been out of touch. The triangular speakers are Patios as Todd will know. I'm going to sell some Midgets, Monte Carlos, Patios, Mark IVs, VI's, Concertos, Black Boxes, Dixielanders, Things, & a couple of I don't knows.

Let me know if interested as they need to be picked up and I would consider letting them go as a group as I'm oinly keeping the ones already in use in the house & garage.

Happy Days,

Nate

Today I hit the Patios with some sand paper to help with their appearance and replaced the old caps, and the one that was working now sounds nice.

I think the voice coil on the other one is to blame for not working.

Can I find a replacement woofer, or can I rebuild it somehow?