Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

Do any of you out there have the factory specs on this driver so I might try and cross referfence it to a new or older Atlas driver? Here are some pics of mine and a cut sheet from Atlas on their current stuff. I need one of the originals or a pair of these for a project of mine.

Thanks! Mark

--------------------------------------------

I101117131345254.png

T101117131345170.png

PD-5VH
Compression Driver 40 W, 16 Ohms

Model PD-5VH is a 40-watt driver with 2" voice coil machined to optimum tolerances.

Model
PD-5VH has an Alnico V-DG magnet which offers maximum temperature
stability and optimizes output for yielding the lowest amplifier power
requirements. It also provides terminals for matching direct to the 16
ohm voice coil. PD-5VH offers a plane wave frequency response of 110 -
4,100 Hz (+5dB).

The durable compression driver mounts easily to large format horns that terminate in the standard
1 3/8"–18 male coupling thread.

Units are finished in grey, baked epoxy.
pBzBbJiaJOo9hzdEg7Jerw?feat=directlink

And here is the 30watt/8ohm version of their current line.

I0806181341122381873e.png

T08061813411154318192.png

PD-30
Compression Driver 30 W, 8 Ohms

Model PD-30 is fully environment-resistant for indoor or outdoor
application and recommended for use in expansive and/or high-ambient sound-level areas.
Unit has a power rating of 30 watts, a 1.5" voice coil and a plane wave frequency response
of 300 - 3,900 Hz (+5dB).

Model PD-30 has a nominal impedance of 8 ohms.

Model PD-30 is terminated in standard 1-3/8"–18" thread male
couplings for use with screw-on horns, or with Atlas Sound Model DA-FH adapter for bolt-on
type horns.

Mark,

what you've got and the replacement are not what I've got on my dixies or twin horn setups. I think I've got 333-313 or 315 drivers.

I had spoken to Atlas a year or so ago and had a long conversation with the guys in tech support. None of them mentioned

a replacement. It's good to know there is a choice.

Do any of you out there have the factory specs on this driver so I might try and cross referfence it to a new or older Atlas driver? Here are some pics of mine and a cut sheet from Atlas on their current stuff. I need one of the originals or a pair of these for a project of mine.

Thanks! Mark

--------------------------------------------

I101117131345254.png

T101117131345170.png

PD-5VH
Compression Driver 40 W, 16 Ohms

Model PD-5VH is a 40-watt driver with 2" voice coil machined to optimum tolerances.

Model
PD-5VH has an Alnico V-DG magnet which offers maximum temperature
stability and optimizes output for yielding the lowest amplifier power
requirements. It also provides terminals for matching direct to the 16
ohm voice coil. PD-5VH offers a plane wave frequency response of 110 -
4,100 Hz (+5dB).

The durable compression driver mounts easily to large format horns that terminate in the standard
1 3/8"–18 male coupling thread.

Units are finished in grey, baked epoxy.
pBzBbJiaJOo9hzdEg7Jerw?feat=directlink

These are what Bob sells for LS/Khorn midrange.

Atlas PD-5VH Alnico Midrange drivers. Same as the K-55V and K-55X.
Shipping for a pair of these new drivers is $13.00 in the US.

Pair Atlas PD-5VH Drivers: $275.00

Bruce

specs on the Frazier F333 driver:

Compression type high frequency driver

response 400-15,000 cycles

power handling capacity 30 watts continuous rms

efficiency 117 db 1 watt rms pink noise measured @ ( on a 350 horn)1 meter on axis up to 119db on a 180 horn

impedance 16 ohms

made by Atlas for us.

If you talk to atlas, tell them this is what they made for us back in the 60-thru mid 80's.

and here is one on e-bay:

Vintage Big Frazier Horn Speaker 14.5" x 13.5" - eBay (item 310309454044 end t

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise me as to how to repair/replace the piezo,s in the Monte Carlo As they are both working but one is noticeably brighter than the other is there a way or place to get the diapragms ?

Posted Image

Try these.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=270-011

They are replicas of the original Motorolas, and I've heard good things about them. Can't go wrong on the price.

I presume there isn't a tweeter control pot on the MC-As.

Take off the back of the cabinet....phillips head screws...then go in from the back of the cabinet, and undo the front of the cabinet...phillips head screws....take tape off the top and sides of the front mounting plate about 1/3 of the way down, and take a staple remover and remove the staples from the grille. Replace piezo's and reverse the process...Sounds bad but it's really pretty easy!

All generic piezos have room for improvement (trying to avoid using the junk word).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Community-PZT2-HF-Driver-CSX52-57-70-NEW-/290556698388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a6875f14

That guy has four, when those are gone anyone wanting genuine Motorola/CTS replacement drive units may contact me (I have about 70 units).

sw-motorola-piezo-driver-size.jpg

Sent an email about these.

Tom

I just came into some Frazier Model Sevens. For speakers being around 2 decades before i was born i love them. but i am looking for specs on them so i can do a little work on them also. the L pads scratch when i move them so im going to look into those and the woofers have a rip in each. one is cut into the surround but one is a hole. any help i can get? or anyone know places in DFW that maybe do re-coning?

I just came into some Frazier Model Sevens. For speakers being around 2 decades before i was born i love them. but i am looking for specs on them so i can do a little work on them also. the L pads scratch when i move them so im going to look into those and the woofers have a rip in each. one is cut into the surround but one is a hole. any help i can get? or anyone know places in DFW that maybe do re-coning?

Congratulations! Those aren't the $100 Sevens that were on Craigslist a few weeks ago, are they?

First, just work the L-Pads back and forth 50-100X each. That will PROBABLY solve your problem. it's hard to get into them, but if a little DeOxit D-5 or Fader-Lube will help (Fry's or Guitar Center).

Freeman-Tuell on Ferguson Road in east Dallas (just off I-30) is the place to go to get the woofers re-coned.

Pictures?