Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

If that's a 12" woofer I'm thinking a Mark V, but this one is before my time. Maybe it's the pics but where's the bass port? Should be rectangular - wide, narrow, and deep.

Here is the Mark V.  You can see the drivers because of the weird way the sun hit the speaker late in the afternoon.  I am also not sure if the grill cloth is original.

post-58280-0-06780000-1434249686_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Our church updated their sound system last week and we a going to sell the old speakers. They are Frazier F1480 Cat 40 speakers. There are going to be 4 of them available. I will post it in the garage sale section but I wanted to post a note here in the FUG. Hopefully this is OK. If not please let me know.

The Cat40 speakers are newer ones from Mitchell Acoustic Research, who now owns Frazier. Not a thing like the old Frazier designs. It's certainly ok to put them in the garage sale section though.

Bruce

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got refoam kits for my Horn loaded pair of Model Sevens.  Of course, on closer inspection it looks like they need to be reconed, not just refoamed.  Looks like $65/speaker is the going price if I want to ship.  Who has had the 12" woofers done in Dallas or Houston and what was the cost? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy. It only took 4 years for me to discover this group. That was me and they are AMAZING. 

The ones with the legs were Del Mar. Seller is a Mid Mod furniture dealer. He was asking 90 bucks. He listed them on his Facebook page on the 20th. I about cried because I was travelling in California when the were posted. Some dude named Nathan bought them. :(

The ones with the legs were Del Mar. Seller is a Mid Mod furniture dealer. He was asking 90 bucks. He listed them on his Facebook page on the 20th. I about cried because I was travelling in California when the were posted. Some dude named Nathan bought them. :(

Oh My! Those are absolutely beautiful! Even if they don't work you can hardly buy raw wood for that price! On the Facebook thing which I hate personally, I'm going to assume it was someone that had a "bricks and mortar" store and that's how they got listed. Hmmmm giving me ideas on getting away from Fleabay! (If I start a stereo site there will you guys buy from me?)

Retro Revival. He has a booth in the Lewisville Antique mall and just built a warehouse in Haslett. He often posts stuff on his Facebook page before it goes on Craigslist. From the condition of the cabinets I wouldn't be surprised if they worked or at least had all the components. I really wish I would have been in town.

The pair of those I've got don't look quite as nice. Started the refinishing project (had to strip a gummy mahogany lacquer off), but then we moved before I finished. They're in the garage awaiting further attention.

That was a steal.

Duder,

can you em me: minibitz@optonline.net? I've got the guts for 4 Frazier 2X15's but need specs on the boxes. Can you put me in touch with the owner?

mike

I had just seen this, i dont have the specs. But i will email you the owners contact info.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If that's a 12" woofer I'm thinking a Mark V, but this one is before my time. Maybe it's the pics but where's the bass port? Should be rectangular - wide, narrow, and deep.

Most activity has moved over to facebook (also FUG). Someone over yonder may know more.

Mark V, Mark Va, and Mark Vb had 12" woofer, 2 4" fullrange midranges.  (separate enclosure), and either rectangular horn (V), Piezo Motorola type horn (Va - Mark 7 had 2 horns), and dome tweeter (Vb).  They were slot loaded (helmholtz resonator) in the bottom of the back.  7's had slot on the side of the front.

Most activity has moved over to facebook (also FUG). Someone over yonder may know more.

Mark V, Mark Va, and Mark Vb had 12" woofer, 2 4" fullrange midranges.  (separate enclosure), and either rectangular horn (V), Piezo Motorola type horn (Va - Mark 7 had 2 horns), and dome tweeter (Vb).  They were slot loaded (helmholtz resonator) in the bottom of the back.  7's had slot on the side of the front.

Deja vu post :lol: . But that ebay link above my post there is something even older as the speakers have a pair of cone tweeters. After further review I think I spotted a potential bass port - look at the top of pic #4; can barely see a piece of MDF that isn't flush with the back jam. So if this is the case it's front-ported and the port is above the tweets. Weird. :wacko2:

The Cat40 speakers are newer ones from Mitchell Acoustic Research, who now owns Frazier. Not a thing like the old Frazier designs. It's certainly ok to put them in the garage sale section though.

Bruce

Can you help me...I just obtained a single speaker and like the cat 40 mine looks like the cat 35 but instead of a single black and red terminal set mine is two sets of terminals but phillips head screws...The model number is F-1330...Any thing you can tell me about this will be greatly appreciated

Bruce

Can you help me...I just obtained a single speaker and like the cat 40 mine looks like the cat 35 but instead of a single black and red terminal set mine is two sets of terminals but phillips head screws...The model number is F-1330...Any thing you can tell me about this will be greatly appreciated

Two terminals makes me suspect bi-amping, like one set for the woofer and one set for the tweeter. But I'm just vaguely familiar with the new Fraziers. Might try looking into their website for your model number info, also should be contact info there. Jay Mitchell himself has made a few brief appearances over yonder the facebook FUG page so you might get a response from him there, I don't know if he monitors this site.