Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

am new to this forun but not new to frailer owned 7's 4's an things have heard about all as fraizer was strong brand here in 70 to 80's i am in hendersonville nc joy hifi elmer neil have sold my things that i do miss and doubt i will ever find another pair of them but have found a decent pair of 11's 1 to 10 a 6 or 7 perhaps am considering buying but seller is really misinformed on them thinks they are worth way to much i remember looking at them new and seems cost was about 1200 or so new keep in mind in 70's a new corvette could be had for 7k i am thinking the used 11 about 600 to 1000 thousand being very high side keep in mind have to get them here and they are big. any thoughts or input i have read there was a fraizer guy sales mrg living in my area ? thanks 

Yea, a new page!

Frazier Loudspeakers - "The best kept secret in the audio industry"

Value? Hard to say, but keep in mind less than a couple of hundred pair were made. But because of the "secret" I've heard someone once got a pair for around $500 from some unsuspecting seller. I would think worth way more than that if in good condition (I doubt there are any in bad condition...).

BTW there's a Frazier User Group (FUG) over on facebook. Most folks that were here have migrated over yonder.

thank you, but i love fraizer speakers and cars too and long ago i learned not to become passionate about buying something as bottom line it is worth what someone is willing to pay. and the cost of shipping is a big issue and if looking at 2 to 3 k well many really good ones out there in that price point k horns altec and others i would really feel good at 800 to 1000 price point on 11's not long ago a guy got a good pair out west for 600 plus shipping. i owned 7's and loved them but missed a pair in dallas a few months ago. i truly loved my fraizer things regret selling but now they are truly rare doubt i will find another pair sold mine to a scotts man that owned peco lawn equipment. read post from a sales meg from frailer living in my area does anyone know if he is still around ? sadly people from that era are getting older. building a new house way to big so have plenty of room for the 11's and have to buy other support equipment to go along too. thanks how is group listed on Facebook?

I've heard Frazier's once, many years ago. I don't recall the model I just remember they sounded very nice. How many different speaker models did they make and where is the best place to purchase a pair?

sadly they died in 80's along with founder so e bay craigs list habitat stores and such i grew up in 70's 80's so were common to me along with jbls and such but frazier had a far warmer rich sound to jbl and others and proved simple physics big sound takes a big cabinet to move the air and they made some great big ones. 

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/584410888260783/

Sales mgr dude is over yonder too but you'll have to ask if he wants to show himself and come out and play - lol. I don't wanna get him ticked off for getting him inundated with questions.

Quite a few models both home and commercial. They went way back before my time so I don't know the count.

Dig around over on facebook to see many, and there's also a 'Photos' tab. Maybe there's a Frazier gallery here?

Most for sale on a regular basis on ebay (I use "Frazier speaker"). Craigslist from time to time but I suspect local pick-up only (same holds for some ebay ads). Seems like estate sales have yielded the best deals. There's also thrift stores, pawn shops, used furniture/antique places, etc. "The best kept secret..." works in your favor on wheeling&dealing. One guy finds great deals on weekend flea market and the like ventures.

Oh on ebay you can see historical sale info using Completed Listings and Sales in the left column.

• 1 month later...

Need help identifying this Frazier speaker I just got the other day, I think it's 70's and it's a 4 speaker 3 way speaker consisting of a 12" woofer, a 6" or 8" midrange and 2 tweeters.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-62788-0-28720000-1459791528_thumb.j

post-62788-0-76320000-1459791562_thumb.j

Need help identifying this Frazier speaker I just got the other day, I think it's 70's and it's a 4 speaker 3 way speaker consisting of a 12" woofer, a 6" or 8" midrange and 2 tweeters.......any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark VI. I think the mid-range is an 8" but this version is from a little before my time. Cool grill cover, more goodies before my time.

Hey you got a Frazier amp. They weren't great (were for PA systems) but I imagine pretty rare now.

Most of the group funneled over to facebook, I posted a link to the group a few posts above if it's still working.

Mark VI. I think the mid-range is an 8" but this version is from a little before my time. Cool grill cover, more goodies before my time.

Hey you got a Frazier amp. They weren't great (were for PA systems) but I imagine pretty rare now.

Most of the group funneled over to facebook, I posted a link to the group a few posts above if it's still working.

For a crappy amp, those are some huge transformers!

Thanks John, I know you said a little before your time but you have guess as to what year those were produced? And yes I have a Frazier 106c that I had the power supply gone through and some small upgrades done to where it performs pretty well. I am new to the tube sound as a owner and I guess I've slowed down enough to stop and smell the roses. I went this way because I found this amp in a thrift store in Oahu the day before my wife and I were flying back to the states, I got it for 75.00 and another 95.00 to ship it home and I haven't regretted it since, I think it's a 70's version as it doesn't have point to point wiring but 1 circuit board. Still very simple in design and with 100 watts output it's more than enough, I am looking for its brother so that I can start building that system up.

Well upon further review from facebook FUG, the amp appears to be a "SUPERB old Grommes built amp (OEM for FRAZIER)." I couldn't see the tubes so thought it was one of the in-house designed solid-state models when I worked there (but note that I didn't imply the solid-states were crappy, just not great from a Hi-Fi perspective).

• 1 month later...

tried to post pix of my fraziers - had to create an album - newbie couldnt figure out how to get the pix in my post - this one.

opinions please - trash or treasure?

the Frazier F-12W-44 Model Nine - can find no info on these - any help or advice would be nice - rollerskating rink use - now im getting 4 of them monday.....and maybe 5 more if i talk just right to the seller - and the price is right.  issue is.....i do have have a wife.....but maybe not come tuesday.  shes cute....but i just cant resist.

thank you for your time and blunt and opinions.

former sansui fan....now ive dumped my gear and went with 2 sanyo jcx2900s and 2 jcx2600s and a strange jcx2400....like ive not seen before....it has preamps ins and outs.....cant find an image of any others that do.

all being restored - not repaired...completely restored by a chap in burleson texas - i will promote the name when i get the first jcx2900 back from him.

he got almost all of my sansui gear & the 2 posters - the wall clock - all the fluorescent and scrolling signs sansui has out there and 2 sansui ballpoint pens to boot.  we're trading gear for labor.

take care and goodnight.

w.a.r.

opinions please - trash or treasure?

the Frazier F-12W-44 Model Nine

Well no Frazier models are trash. But not my favorite as those are ceiling speakers, but many other FUGers love 'em; well they have the base model F-12-4H with no Piezos and standard woofer. This model was a modification made during the disco era, internally referred to as The Disco Big Eye; bass and highs and really loud. Heavy duty woofer that can handle more power. Those four Piezos for ear-piercing highs (you may want to turn your high tone down). Note the long terminal strip on the back - these can be jumpered for use like a normal speaker or bi-amped to run separate amps for the lows and highs (another disco thing).

I think the FUGers have achieved good home sound by setting them a few inches off the ground. I suggested placing them in a corner too so that those side bass ports can reflect off the walls, should give nice bass room fill. Some of these guys were interested in some Nines for sale in the D/FW area (I suspect the same ones as there were quite a few for sale in the ad I saw) but they're too far away to travel and too $heavy$ to ship.

Most of the group is over on Facebook in the Frazier Users Group, there's a link several posts up above if it still works. Do a search for "model nine" and several posts will show up with a spec sheet and some discussion, most back about early April.

• Like 1

opinions please - trash or treasure? the Frazier F-12W-44 Model Nine - can find no info on these - any help or advice would be nice - rollerskating rink use - now im getting 4 of them monday.....and maybe 5 more if i talk just right to the seller - and the price is right. issue is.....i do have have a wife.....but maybe not come tuesday. shes cute....but i just cant resist.

Is this it?  I couldn't remember the model number.  It's a pretty good garage speaker, very large and not real attractive.  I think the seller was trying to get $400 pr but they didn't sell due to the CL listing being out of the way in a small market.

post-58280-0-85160000-1463344779_thumb.jpost-58280-0-33120000-1463344802_thumb.j

opinions please - trash or treasure? the Frazier F-12W-44 Model Nine - can find no info on these - any help or advice would be nice - rollerskating rink use - now im getting 4 of them monday.....and maybe 5 more if i talk just right to the seller - and the price is right. issue is.....i do have have a wife.....but maybe not come tuesday. shes cute....but i just cant resist.

Is this it?  I couldn't remember the model number.  It's a pretty good garage speaker, very large and not real attractive.  I think the seller was trying to get $400 pr but they didn't sell due to the CL listing being out of the way in a small market.

attachicon.gifIMG_4134.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4135.JPG

Close but that's the base model I was referring to. The Nine has a Piezo in each corner.

Trying to jog my memory, I think the Nine had some added internal bracing too for the higher cranking. We didn't build that many of them since it was a disco thing. I enjoyed building them much more than the base model because the Nine had some pretty complex electrical for a speaker.

We built a LOT of the base model speakers because of their ceiling application. Convention centers and the like have a lot of sound space to fill. I believe they were used for the Dallas Convention Center unless I'm confusing it with the Tarrant County Convention Center (Fort Worth); went to rock concerts and events in both back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Frazier fans

I recently picked up a single Frazier F5511 Lares speaker system from a musician. I cannot find any information on this system online. I was told to ask members of this group for insight.

The speaker was a 15" eminence kappa pro woofer, a 10 inch rare firing mid-woofer and a horn loaded tweeter with a compression driver mounted in the center of the mid woofer. Any information anyone can share will be appreciated