Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

If they are Mark V's in oak, then they are the latest we ever made, the Mark V-D ( we took a lot of flack over that one). The best V's we ever made, with the tuning tube exhausted to the front. It took three days in the shop to make them sound like the old Mark V's (tuning tube to the rear), but Once we got it...Jack loved it .( He said it couldn't be done)...but not a problem whe he heard them side by side. They are "mirror imaged, and have the Phillips soft dome tweeter. I have the first pair that we ever produced, with all the speakers matched. They are AWSOME!!!! BTW. whoever gert's them, bring them about 12 "'s off the floor, and a 2 degree back tilt!

Free shipping. Sweet!

Yeah, I'm feeling a little guilty. I see the seller has put a higher starting bid with no free shipping on what I presume to be a second pair. Usually, theaters would have six to eight of these in a small auditorium.

Posted Image

These are the Frazier Surround Speakers I won on ebay for $50, with free shipping. Having never heard from the seller, I was on the verge of offering him an out (he's listed another pair w/o free shipping and a higher starting bid), when a single box (with a big hole in one side) was on my doorstep. Inside, with ONLY a small amount of crumpled paper as protection, were these two speakers.

They are almost a mini Mk IV, with an 8" woofer and a horn, in a trapezoidal box (with eyelets on the top for ceiling suspension). Is this the "Patio" design? I believe so... or at least a variation.

Anyway, they arrived without damage, and await my figuring out what to do with them.

Here's the guts.

Posted Image

PM they were called "Surround's". Designed for surround speakers in movie houses. Also for small stage monitors, turned upside down. We made the whole thing removable from the front so they could be repaired without taking the speaker box off the wall. Specs are as follows: tuned slot, direct radiator. F-1500 hd 8" woofer- 3x7 horn. 50-15,000. x over 3000 hz 30 watts rms. efficiency: 90 db 1 watt 1 meter pink noise. Todd

Someone needs this kind-of-fortune. Glad you were living in TX, as there would have had to be a plea agreement in shipping to someone and somewhere else.

I am not an expert, but I would suggest IMHO that the ceramic horns be replaced with the Frazier Alnico ones. Many a time I have seen the ceramic horns shown here, I think Heppner made, cranked up on the brilliance control to-block on high on the home versions of the Mark series of speakers that have them. I also would just about move/splice the Coil/capacitor/Lpad passover circuit found in the mark 4 into your new speakers, if this version has nothing.

great pickup.........and can you pass along the speaker EIA manufacturer code on the woofers. They look like EV, which would make them very desirable

Check them out! PM or TC, what model are these exactly? I have a hunch they aremark V's but note the baffle at the port at the bottom.

Well since I can't easily figure out how to post here check out the link below.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3057553#post3057553

I'm in love! These sound sweet hooked up to my other new little toy, a Sony STR 6065. can't wait to try them out with the new EICO ST70! More soon.

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and as of 4 hours had no Idea about this brand of speaker. well I was at a thrift shop and was looking at the electronics when I saw a pair of speakers. I'm fairly new to the speaker world but I could just tell I was looking at some well made speakers but they had this custom made grills that were stapled to the speaker so I could not see the woofers. well I turned them around an it had a label saying it was a frazier Mark VI with both of the serial numbers in order. did a check on the net with my phone and found out these are quit good so I buoght them for about the price of two happy meals not supersized eather. thanks for all of the info on this site. there is another guy at audiokarma that just bought some fraziers also. cool site guys thanks.

Ben

• Like 1

Someone needs this kind-of-fortune. Glad you were living in TX, as there would have had to be a plea agreement in shipping to someone and somewhere else.

I am not an expert, but I would suggest IMHO that the ceramic horns be replaced with the Frazier Alnico ones. Many a time I have seen the ceramic horns shown here, I think Heppner made, cranked up on the brilliance control to-block on high on the home versions of the Mark series of speakers that have them. I also would just about move/splice the Coil/capacitor/Lpad passover circuit found in the mark 4 into your new speakers, if this version has nothing.

great pickup.........and can you pass along the speaker EIA manufacturer code on the woofers. They look like EV, which would make them very desirable

These came from a motion picture theater company in Georgia, selling off surplus. Slipped between the two speakers for "protection" was a sheet of newspaper ad slicks for "Transformers II".

I'll pull the fronts and get the codes for you. I'm guessing these have the typical Frazier one 3uF cap "crossover".