Frazier Users Group aka F.U.G.

tom b. 57

The "Heritage" was the last version of the SEVEN's, Imaged, but the name Heritage, means they were produced after Jack passed, and we sold the company, but for quite a while, they were just like the Frazier's of old, meaning the same guys building them, and the same stuff going into them, just the name changes. AND these were quite good, and sold for appx. $1124.00 a pair.

It appears that the guy selling the F-8-140 WR Sound Columns on eBay has decided to sell the parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRAZIER-F8-140WR-TWO-BLUE-WOOFERS-SPEAKERS-/360284711161?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item53e2a468f9

I need a pair of old 8-inch "Blue Bells" to replace the blown ones in my La Fiestas. I guess $120.00 for two is a fair price for someone really in need of them, but think I'll go a bit "modern" with the pair of Frazier F-1500s I just ordered from eBay for $40. I've never heard F-1500s, but I'm guessing they'll sound as good or better than the originals.

You won't find a better speaker for $375.

IMHO, you won't find a better speaker for 3750.00, certainly not one this efficient. Somebody should get all over this one.

Couldn't figure out the picture on the 130.00 pair. Looked like grill or motorboard only, though he says they are in cabinets. If these are all original in good order, major bargain if you are interested mainly in sound and not in aesthetics.

Dave

timespell,

I just had a pair of 10"s reconed with new voice coils, etc, for $40 each by Freeman-tuell in Dallas. Don't toss your old ones,

them repaired for spares.

and the guy in Brooklyn selling the sound columns in bits is still smoking something. Too high in price.

mike

• Like 1

im gonna give this guy a call................130.00 is a steal..........................the ad says it's got the horns ...is'nt that the better of the different model 7's ?

it's a 5 hr. drive one way but well worth it for that price......................

utility's , that must be what my model 5's are ,there flat dark grey orignal, no venere , just plain jane.

These are the same ones that were in Ohio that the guy tried to sell before moving to Cali (IIRC).

What a deal/steal! Good luck (as John Calvin used to say)!

im gonna give this guy a call................130.00 is a steal..........................the ad says it's got the horns ...is'nt that the better of the different model 7's ?

it's a 5 hr. drive one way but well worth it for that price......................

utility's , that must be what my model 5's are ,there flat dark grey orignal, no venere , just plain jane.

hey mike , i just spoke to him , he's gonna meet me 1/2 way and im gonna kick him another 50 bucks , he seem's like a real good guy , he bought em in 73, was in the milatary and carted them around for years ,sounds like an intresting story, i'll find out more when i meet him tomarrow ................so , im headin north tomarrow morning ,...................... i'll post some pic's when i get back.................................i cant wait to see how they compare to my v's.............!

Make sure you let the seller know you're gonna drive 5 hours and not to sell them to someone else while you're on the

road to buy them. Believe it or not, I've had a seller do exactly that. sold em while I was going to the bank.

I guess it's time to admit I have a problem. I'm a Frazierholic! Lurking on this forum for over a year, I've realized I'm not alone.

My first experience with Frazier was in 1975, when they were installed in a new roller rink in Arlington, TX. I was always impressed with the sound put out by these ceiling mounted speakers. I didn't even know Frazier had a home line.

Fast forward to 2007 when I saw my first pair of home Hi Fi Fraziers. They were at an estate sale. I believe I picked them up for $25 for the pair without hearing them. I based my decision on the condition, the cool retro look and my past experience with the commercial Fraziers. I took them home and hooked them up, and was not ready for the sound I experienced! I have identified the model from P.M.'s brochure postings as the 'Del Mar.'

I was ecstatic with my find, but after reading other posters experiences on this forum, I couldn't help but watch Craigslist and E-Bay everyday. I now have horny Mk IVs on my main system, sitting on top the Del Mars. I'm a DJ and have the beginnings of a studio, featuring minty Monte Carlo A's. Now to decide what to do with the recently aquired Mk Vs. I should try them on my main system, but I can't imagine how it could sound any better than the IVs.

I will still be on the lookout for the elusive Seven and Eleven models, as well as Dixielanders, but I know I'll be competing with more and more Frazierholics.

• Like 1

Hey Bill! Howdy, neighbor!

Do you remember what the Fraziers looked like in the skating rink? I've got a pair of F12-4H Fraziers (12" woofer, 4 horns) that were designed for ceiling suspension. I mounted them on short legs from IKEA and put them in my office for the Scott 299-D to feed. Wonderful sounding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gus (another local) just found a pair of Sevens, and I'm still looking.

Welcome to this small but dedicated group!

P.M.

Said 'Gus' right here..... The Sevens are a reprieve for me selling some Concertos a couple of months back though they did go to a Frazier enthusiast for a complete Frazier surround setup. I like these Sevens well enough to sell my JBL S310 II. They are definitely more efficient and the bass is more realistic. I used to play in the band in high school and college. Instruments like cymbals and drums just sound 'natural'. I thought the Concertos (with the piezo tweeter) had a more detailed upper end than the Heresy I speakers I had too.

Don't know if these links will work..

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=222575&d=1280286589

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=222577&d=1280286589

I guess it's time to admit I have a problem. I'm a Frazierholic! Lurking on this forum for over a year, I've realized I'm not alone.

No, you're not. We're a sub group who is tolerated here, perhaps due to the intellectual and philosophical connection between PWK and JF. Luckily, few of the rest ever come down to the basement so our secret remains somewhat secure. AAMOF, I think most seem to come here from searches rather than from the upper reaches of the Forum. We're below the radar...

The hunt is a hoot. I ended my acquisitions with Elevens, both in recognition of my longsuffering wife (the PAW-Perfect Audiophile Wife) who simply groaned and said "get'em" when the opportunity arose in spite of already having Fraziers in every room except the dining room, as well as really not having any place to use more. Couple of MC's and Midges in the audio closet...

I wish I'd grabbed Dixie's 5 or so years back when they went for 35.00 or so. Passed on a group of 5 (would have made a heckuva HT setup) for 150 bucks at that time thinking I really didn't need them and I'd grab some later. Well, now they are not so common and folks have found out, so prices are up. Granted, still a bargain if you need speakers, but not so much if you already have a collection.

Anyway, welcome aboard and happy hunting...

Dave

Don't know if these links will work..

Took me to a log in page.

Heresys are a great speaker, but I am with you on the same class Fraziers. I did an A/B for a while with Mark IV's and Heresys and decided I preferred the Mark IV's. Not by a huge margin, mind you, but considerable.

I've never been a JBL fan. Too much accentuation in the mids in those I've been exposed to...what we once called "The California Sound." Used a lot of them in radio as monitors "back in the day."

Sevens are amongst the finest speakers ever built, period. Did I miss a post about you acquiring Sevens? Were there pix?

Dave

Got these up in Carrollton Monday. Asking price...? $10.... yes, ten bucks! Go to Dollars and Sense at AK for details.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222577&d=128

My guess is you are uploading pictures. I am also guessing you are NOT seeing the "SAVE" button you have to use the bottom drag bar dragged all the way to the left after uploading to find...

Dave