The British Invasion

callmeishmael

I was crusin' around the other day and came across a video of Herman's Hermits doing "No Milk Today". I vaguely remembered the song from mucho years ago. So, I went looking for other songs from that period. There is quite a few artists that had some great stuff. It all seems simple now, but it is good pop. I remember alot of the songs.

It just so happens that on PBS tonight is a find raiser program focusing on the British Invasion.

Have fun.

The British Invasion ............ the English Bands playing R+B, "Black Music", for white American Youths, kinda' funny, don't you think? Music not played on "White American Radio", but music born here, and played here ................. Crazy Times !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Brittish invasion was abslolutely the result of so much great American music hitting their air waves. I have often wondered if they were more open to our music than we were. They certainly were alot friendlier to our Jazz and Blues musicians than we were. I read that after being treated so badly on a tour in the South that Cab Callaway started touring in his own private railaway cars for he and his band with their own car taken along as well. It is a miracle there wasn't an exodus of US talent to Europe.

The same thing happened with all the music hitting Europe from the Caribbean. Where do we think the Ska revival came from? I think the Caribbean musical influence on many UK artists was on of the best things that could have happened.

Dave Clark Five .............. about time, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, now "I'm Glad All Over"................

THE VENTURES were finally inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I don't know what criteria they use but it seems to be greatly flawed. I don't put much stock in the RNR Hall of Fame.

You can't go wrong with music from that period. Just fun music you want to turn up loud. Not much new music on radio nowadays that I want to turn up loud. Check out the Rascals, Dave clark Five, Animals, Hollies, Tommy James, Mitch ryder, Paul Revere & Raiders, list goes on and on.