I am looking for a 3ch amp to run rf-7's and rc-7

pietsch288

I have 2 questions for you guys.

1. what is the best 3 channel amp for rf-7's and the rc-7. (just in case I decided to go crazy)

2. what is the best "bang for the buck" 3 channel amp.

Let me tell you what I'm looking for-----I would like a warm/smooth amp. I just sold my emotiva lpa-1 and it was pretty harsh so now I'm just using my denon 2808 and thats alot better but my sound stage has shrank a little. I don't want to keep buying and selling amps. I want to go 3 channel to save a little coin and also IN MY OPINION the rear channels sound just fine with the receiver powering them, I also am basically just using my system for movies, I next to never listen to music and when I do its 2 channel. My main goal with the amp is to make the center a little louder (for diolog) while at the same time making my mains not so harsh during action movies. The denon is doing alot better job but I know it can get alot better.

The amps I was thinking about are the rotel rb-993 --- B&K Ref 200.3--- aragon 8008 ---Earthquake Cinenova Grande---or If you guys like the 200w emotiva or an outlaw --ect......I'm open for suggestions (like I said before looking for warm and smooth) and also to be perfectly honest what do you guys think of the rotel RB-993 it seems like a great deal (money wise) or the B&K. I would like to stay between 600.00---900.00. thanks rich

I've got a B&K Ref 4430 that I really like. I bought it used in the $400-500 range off of Audiogon. It is a 200+watt 3 channel amp. I have it in the rack right next to a B&K Ref 200.5. They both sound fantastic with RF-7 and RC-7. I can swith back and forth between the 2 amps and not tell the difference. B&K makes some very warm sounding dynamic high current amps. I highly recommend them. Your RF-7s will thank you for it

Jeremy

Try looking at an older Parasound amp.... they have a couple real good ones... Another company is Odyssey run by Klaus Bunge.. really good guy with a 20 year transferable warrenty. Go on their website or just phone Klaus.... I have 3 Odyssey amps, all are excellant.

I'd pick the B&K over the Rotel, but I don't have experience with the others, can't be of much help there.

As Jeremy said, don't be afraid of used B&K amps. I've had seven B&K amps. I bought one new, one was a demo and the other five were purchased used. Used my "used" ST 140 for 10 years and then sold it for $100 more than I paid for it. Great sounding quality stuff made in the USA.

James

I know its not what you asked for...but here is just a thought...

i would not limit myself to an anomalous 3-channel amp.

I would substantially enlarge the scope of your search and go with either multiple single or 2-channel amps, or a combination of the above. Additionally, two 2-channel amps also allow you the luxury of a nice separate SW amp.