CP-1 upgrade worth it?

Street Tough

Ive had my v2-400s for about a year now and while they sound great IMO, ive always debated on buying the CP-1 upgrade to stop the volume knob hissing and added headphone jack. Id like to get as many opinions as possible on experiences upgrading to the CP-1. Does the CP-1 basically transform the v2-400's into the 4.1 Promedias? How is the sound quality and volume knob hiss/static over the original? Any info would be great before i decide to go ahead and purchase the CP-1. Thanks.

BUY IT!! Like you I hesitated buying the CP-1 because I was already on my second original pre-amp replacement and couldn't fathom putting out extra money for something that might have the same problems.

I wish I had bought it sooner! I think back to all the time I wasted using that old POS pre-amp and hearing all that static. Don't wait another minute, get the CP-1, you will be very happy.

As far as transforming your set into the new 4.1's, this won't happen, but I can tell you that music sounds softer than before, less shrill. It might just be a mental thing, but I think the CP-1 improves the overall performance of the V2-400's. I get a much sharper bass snap now on MP3 files that seemed boomy before, everything just sounds better. And I don't have to tell you what a joy it is to have the headphone jacks and imput jack, very handy!

BUY IT TODAY!!

------------------

CP-1 = New Pro's!!!!

one person just got one for $29! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

what i think happend was he had a defective ProMedia v2.400 (the original 4.1, ceased production in spring 2001 i think) but his were still under warranty and instead of just getting the regular control pod that came with v2.400's, he opted to get teh CP-1 and paid teh difference. This may be how it was, not so sure though.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Justin: In the future, I would suggest not posting "possible" or "guess" answers. Myself and many other original owners payed full price for our CP-1 upgrades, when our original set was still under warranty... I can hardly believe Klipsch would give one guy a deal and not honor it for everyone else.

Amy, if you read this, please clarify that no discount was given to anyone. If a discount was instituted, I will be e-mailing you my reciept and warranty info to get money back (discount) for my CP-1. If there is no discount (which I believe), I suggest you correct Justin, and remove his comments about any discounting in the future. We all work hard for our money, and any special treatment would be ill-received by myself and other owners.

Thanks.

------------------

CP-1 = New Pro's!!!!

sorry if this offends you or whatever. he posted that he got it for $29 and a new sat for $20.

why are you so mad at me? you have no REAL reason to be, did i lie, hurt or steal from you or anyone else? no, just posted what another owner told.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Justin... I am not mad by any means. Please, think for a second. I only ask that you confirm your information before you post it and confuse and excite people for no reason. You should also include a link to that persons information or post. I didn't use harsh words, profanity or insult you, I just asked for some clarity when you post.

Thanks.

------------------

CP-1 = New Pro's!!!!

This message has been edited by Movie Freak on 01-19-2002 at 03:23 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Movie Freak:

Justin... I am not mad by any means. Please, think for a second. I only ask that you confirm your information before you post it and confuse and excite people for no reason. You should also include a link to that persons information or post. I didn't use harsh words, profanity or insult you, I just asked for some clarity when you post.

Thanks.

yeah and I suggest you correct Justin, and remove his comments about any discounting in the future" is just another way of saying, wow, wonder what the deal is? jeeze, here is the link. or better yet, here is a quote from it.

quote:

dyno

Cool Newbie

posted 01-10-2002 05:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, thanks Amy.. they got me all setup over the phone.. although I think they undercharged me for the CP-1 Upgrade.. on the website its listed for $49.99 the lady on the phone charged me $29.99 for it.. also the satelite was cheaper than I had anticipated, 20 dollars for it.

We'll see how well shipping goes..

Satisfied Customer.. so far..

Jeff

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000840.html

just know that people like me are on this site NOT to spread false hopes and rumors but to try and help, don't know HOW my post about THIS post could have pushed you backwards... false hopes of saving 20 bucks... that is not likw false hopes of saving 50 or 100 bucks, that i MIGHT understand, and this was not a lie, this is what someone else got FROM klipsch.

------------------

-justin