Promedia 2.1 Speaker wire set

dnoble

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

i got tired of waiting for new wires so i ordered a set from a guy on ebay. he makes em with nice thick wire and good gold plated connects and his prices are very reasonable. plus he ships real fast too! just search for klipsch promedia or truckerguygmc. and yes, they do make a difference you can hear

Thanks for the heads up msamusick!

Ordering as I type. Also, can you take a picture of the box that your Promedia 2.1's come in? I'm not sure if the one I got was a refurb or not... Should I show you how mine look? My Klipsch Promedia 2.1s were apparently produced on March 2003, but have been on the back end of a warehouse for all this time.

Does he sell the wires in a pair; or do you have buy two of them?

Darn. I would've gladly ordered from you, but trust me you'll be getting more orders in the near future.

I'm gonna convert my friends to using Klipsch systems. I think it's about time we grow up from our Logitech systems. I myself is a convert coming from a Logitech Z2200/2300, and these win hands down, no contest. For $50 brand new in box and after rebates, I can't complain.

When my brother comes over, I'll have him take a listen.

absolutly, I am with you, I also came from the logitech Z series 2.1 system. it was good when I got it, for a while i was running them along with a pair of JBL speakers, and my Klipsch speakers. that was actually really nice, very good full sound!, but now i just run my Klipsch 5.1 GMX system with 3 GMX speakers and 2 ProMedia speakers, I have all sorts of parts here there, so if you ever need anything for your klipsch, feel free to let me know. And if you have not done so already, I would consider replacing your DIN plug, it is bound to happen sooner or later! lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

okay people, you asked and now you shall recieve. I am making new wire sets for the Promedia speaker systems, I am using High Quality 16 gauge wire and Silver based solder and gold plated connecters into the speakers. my pricing will be $5 per wire plus 25 cents per foot. So all I need to know is how long you would like each wire to be and we can go from there.

I hope that I can this week, but I am waiting on the plugs to come in, The ones they sell at radio shack are not good enough for what I want but I have ordered them and they should be here any day now. once they get here I will make up a couple standard length wires and I will also start taking orders for custom length wires, So if you want a differant size you will need to let me know in advance. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Clean, I would also like to get a set for the ProMedia 2.1s.. About 15 feet each would be ideal but if you are making certain standard sizes to start, I'm sure I can make it work. I sent a private message.

How's the progress coming in getting the plugs, etc. . .?

I just got my Promedia 2.1s and one wire came bad. Even though Klipsch will send me another I could tell right away I'll need better quality wires. I'm sure the sonics will improve a bit, too.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys & gals,

I wanted to let you know that I make wire sets for the Promedia 2.1 / 4.1 systems as well as the GMX 2.1 / 5.1 system. I really appreciate your endorsement on here msamusick!! You can find my wires on ebay, just search "promedia wire". If you have any questions, please drop me a note at njbenz79@sbcglobal.net.

Have a great holiday season!!

Got my new wires from Mr. Clean. Very nice. I notice a bit wider soundstage. These actually image pretty well for computer speakers. Still not wonderfully clean in the lower bass but livable and pleasing for the cost. Highly recommended!

Thanks alot for the comment, I like truckguygmc23, Also make speaker wires/cables for the Klipsch ProMedia systems and I will make them in custom lengths, and between now and christmas I will offer anyone from this forum a 15% discount on my wires, if you have a GMX system though, definantly go with truckguygmc23's wires as I do not make them, I have heard good things about his wires as well and since I have never compared our wires side by side I can't say who's are better for the ProMedia, but either way I can pretty much guarantee that we are both a way better value for the money over the Monster Cable brand wires. Just Search Klipsch Speaker wire and you will see them down in the Ebay stores section of the page on Ebay.

Happy Holidays Everyone and Keep those Klipsch Rocking!