Why no white Klipsch surround speakers?

Christina

Why doesn’t Klipsch make white surround speakers? I like speakers with wood finishes, but I want my surround speakers to match my white walls. I would hate to buy surround speakers from another manufacture besides Klipsch, just because Klipsch doesn't offer white surround speakers.

I will probably get shot(or flame) for saying this, but why don't you buy the speakers that you want and paint them to match the walls? This way they will exactly match your room color and really fade into the background. This may affect resale value, but enjoy them now and worry about that later.

I can't say whether it was lack of sales or if that was caused by dealers not stocking them, but they didn't sell that well. We try to follow trends and have to keep the number of choices manageable. Possibly with more and more people moving to dark walls and dedicated home theater, the black became color of choice.

I can't say whether it was lack of sales or if that was caused by dealers not stocking them, but they didn't sell that well. We try to follow trends and have to keep the number of choices manageable. Possibly with more and more people moving to dark walls and dedicated home theater, the black became color of choice.

colter-I have two pair of RS-7s in white. I know that the speaker could be painted very easily but what to do with the grill? Two reasons for asking this: 1) Christina could pick up a pair of used surrounds and paint them white (but would have to do something with the grill if she purchased a black pair) and 2) I may be interested in painting mine and am not quite sure what to do with the grills.

Your thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I painted a set of Klipsch Synergy KSB 2.1 speakers with white spray paint. I removed the metal grille, removed the Klipsch badge, masked the drivers and sprayed the speakers white with a low gloss canned spray paint. Painted the grilles inside and out with the same spray. They still look perfect after 7 years. They started out as "cherry" speakers.

I will be building my own Klipsch component surrounds (both sidewall and rears) and will paint those to match the walls. I will most likely use some of my existing metal grilles which are easy to paint. For cloth grilles there are any number of sources (eBay) for grille cloth in almost any color. I got some white to cover my IB array.

Giving up Klipsch just to get white would be a real shame. There simply are no other speakers that have the efficiency and reproduction of the Klipsch speakers, of any vintage.

RS have vinyl covering and knit fabric grille material. You could remove the grille frame, cut away old fabric and re-grille. Paint would stick to the vinyl or you could re-vinyl the solid portions of the cabinet. Quite a lot of work really.

RS have vinyl covering and knit fabric grille material. You could remove the grille frame, cut away old fabric and re-grille. Paint would stick to the vinyl or you could re-vinyl the solid portions of the cabinet. Quite a lot of work really.

Thanks for the reply. I knew the vinyl portion would be easy with the grill providing the most time consuming portion. Thinking out loud (never a good idea in public but nonetheless...): I wonder if the entire grill assembly could be colored using a concrete type of stain. Paint would not work for obvious reasons but I wonder if the concrete stain, being thin like water, would work in this application. Color selection would not be an issue.