Just Bought My First Klipsch, Now What?

Roman, when are you gonna explain "UNCLEMEAT" I can't say what it make me think of or the censorship nazi (AMY) lol.... will remove my post.

I wasn't even gonna go there. Some of my friends have been working on a Zappa tribute band.... It took them three years but man have they nailed it.

Got any Beefheart in that collection?

In a more serious note... I recently sold a pair of Cornwall speakers that I thought were too big, and I started to miss them before they pulled out of the driveway. Long story longer, I ended up buying a pair of Klipschorns to replace them, and since then I have bought a McIntosh C39 preamp and a Mcintosh MC2125 amp. Even though I have just put this system together, I'm looking to sell the MAC stuff for tube amps. they say that's the best sound you'll get. My next step will be to get rid of the cd player and buy a turntable. They say nothing beats the sound of vinyl being played through a tube amp. in the end I will have spent thousands of dollars achieving the best of yesterdays technology because they say it's the best. I'm looking for a good wind-up 78 record player because I hear there is less wow and flutter without a motor.

But seriously,I did buy the Mac stuff and it's incredible compared to the Big Box Foreign stuff I was running.

Take your time, read up, look for bargains. Buy beat up stuff and refurbish it. I have recently bought stuff that adds up to $15,000.00 new for $3,500.00. It's out there.

Trout Mask Replica and Lick my Decals off Baby

It has taken me a while to get back into Zappa and Beefheart but now I've gone head first into it. A good friend of mine has a two acetates of Zappa songs never released or heard outside of the studio. He is preparing to release them on some Zappa forum for free and then sell the acetates on Ebay to the highest bidder.

Forum member Thebes has starts Weekly Music Recommendation threads click here. This weeks thread has some recent Magic Band releases suggested by me http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/102912.aspx . The new Magic Band CDs are just incredible. There is also a DVD and it is an incredible performance. Beefheart really knew how to get the most out of his bands.

Hey kevinmi, we seem like kindred spirits as far as the equipment is concerned. I'm in no rush to buy but I do want all the recommendations I can get. And I'm definitely going the tube route. Whn I'm done my system will be a bus age wonder.

seti: I have copies of Uncle Meat & We're OnlyIn It For The Money demo acetates. Nice to here the progressions but I'm not huge on that type of thing. Especially in this day & age with the innumerable alternate takes added as bonus tracks on some albums. Sometimes there's a reason why they released the version they did. I'll check out Thebes recommendation thread though.

IndyKlipschFan: Must be something in the water out there. The original owner was from Indiana and he's the one who put it in. And this thing is NOT like a truck horn. It is LOUD. Our mechanics love it. Thank god someone finally got the joke. That stupid thing took me half the afternoon to do for you guys.

Roman

Sweet truck decal. There's a couple of summers where my Chevy could have earned those stripes. You guys know how much I got around.

Roxy and Elsewhere and W/ Beefhart at the Armadillo Headquarters (Frank was sooo good live). Just got a Vai vid from a fan, it's amazing how many players went through the Zappa school.

You'll notice no-one else's twisted little minds went straight down the gutter like yours.

Oh, but we did... Yessiree, we did, right on down that slippery slope,.... until we crashed headlong, and without any possible clever segue' out it, and no convenient detours, right into SWMBO.... [:-*][A]

That's why we gotta' be careful, because the really big censor (That would be She Who Controls My Fate) will whup me up side the head when I think some things are too funny for her sense of propriety, goodness, and the fate of the human condition as we know it today. Result: First is the LOOK. That death dealing, wifely version of Darth Vader and the evil Emperor summoning the Dark Side in all of it's overwhelming evilness. After that withering gaze, reminiscent of the Eye Of Sauron passes.... There's the inevitable lecture about my undue and totally awful influence upon the chidrens' under-developed sense of humor. But then again, my son likes Futurama....[:D]

Whoops, gotta run, she's home, gotta' look busy.....[H]

This is one of the scariest posts I've ever seen. Not your wife, the fact that your married and these are the sum total of your points of reference. Well it is the south, I guess they still allow 12 year old's to get married down there.

Live Long and Prosper,

Roman

Naw... Just kidding around!!! On a serious note, those on the Forum that know me and have visited and met my wife (and kids) know that I love them beyond all reason, and that my general sum total of "points of reference" are all good things. Being a big "kid" at heart sometimes, my wife will use that "Eye of Sauron" on ocassion, LOL!! Mostly she uses it on the kids when they are not cooperating!!!