Heresy II crossover question

Tony Reed

Tony,

You may want to check this one out with Bob.

I'm thinking, (usual disclaimer) that the E2 crossover (and the E type) are both Heresy 1 crossovers. The E2 is definitely mounted on a wood block.

Also, I think I'm remembering a conversation with Bob that there are a couple of different mounting configurations on HII crossovers.. Seems like I've seen some that look sort of jumbled up mounted on a round cup? Are some of the HII terminal cups round? Maybe I dreamed that.

BTW, those are some nice looking crossovers.

Dee's correct; E's and E2's are for Heresy-I's (E2 was the modification for the K-24 woofer and then the final use of the K53/701 midrange on the final H-I's by late 1983-early '84). H-II's came in two flavors, early until late 1986, early 87 round cups and then in 87 and onward, the square cups. Those ebay cups and crossovers are for a 87 or later H-II. Cannot tell the vintage, but BEC might be able to recognize something that gives them a more precise vintage. Hope that helps.

Yes, the Heresy II crossover is very different from the Heresy I crossover (either the E or E-2). The early Heresy II crossovers are on the round terminal cups and just sort of cobbled together on the back. The later ones are exactly the same electrically, but are on a circuit board attached to the back of the rectangular input terminal cups.

Here is a picture of both. Like I said, they are electrically the same.

Bob

post-9312-13819367368982_thumb.jpg

That's probably a decent price.

I wonder what it would cost for Bob Crites to build them from scratch.

Maybe Mr. Bob will jump in and let us know.

Tony

I couldn't beat or match that price. The parts I use cost more than that.

Bob

post-9312-13819367416236_thumb.jpg