Chorus II passive woofer ring

Hello im in need of some help last month i had a little party here and pushed my Klipsch Chorus IIs a little hard with my adcom and seems the ring around my passive woofer came loose though not off or hanging but was wondering how and what would be the best way to fix this ?

By the way i bought these new and when my father heard them he ditched his Altec lansing Valencias that he bought new in 1969 and picked up the same thing. still working and very happy.[:)]

The bucking magnets i installed helped on these helped much ,now i can watch T.V. without sucking the screen to the sides.

I do still have the Altecs in my basement for pool and darts by the way.

If you're talking about an outer cardboard gasket ring than Elmer's white glue should work. I used it for that repair purpose on a driver and it worked for me. You should call 1-800-Klipsch and ask their tech help how to repair it though. I'm sure they know better than anyone.

I heard a buzz from my Forte IIs. There is a cardboard ring around the passive radiator. It looked to be about 1/10th x 1/10th inch.

I didn't have time to work a repair and I haven't cranked them up recently. My quick look showed it was not causing a problem otherwise. I wonder if it is there to act as a gasket if the passive is mounted to the back of the baffle.

Therefore, I look forward to hearing what Klipsch or anyone else suggests. I will not be able to take photos until the weekend.

By the way, my Quartets do not have this ring.

Gil

Well i was told that i should send the speaker out to be repaired by local speaker service center or buy a replacement passive woofer but i dont really trust anybody enough to let them touch my stuff.

So what i was thinking if i could remove the ring in one piece i could epoxy the ring back on and make a steel ring to install over the cardboard and attach it with either screws with washers or clamps to try and fix it myself or i guess if it dosent work for some reason just break down and buy the replacement

sound reasonable ?

• 1 year later...

I used some emblem adhesive i had left over from my General Motors technician days and it worked like a charm, if i have any more trouble in the future i will just replace the cone, it looks like an easy job.

Are the parts still available ? I sent an e-mail but never received a response from Klipsch.

I missed your original post last year. It's a moot point now that you have it fixed, but I would have suggested taking it to Video Lab, you're in Rockford, right? Mark @ Video Lab has done some reconing and foam surround work for me in the past, and does great work.

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i know that place, recently i stopped in there a few times to ask about the woofer issue but the closed sign was up and all the lights were out during normal business hours, kind of a bummer too its always nice to look around and see what's in the showroom. Everything is okey dokie with the passive woofer, being a General Motors line tech for all those years and running my handyman servise i feel confident the job was fixed properly though it may be a pain to remove the adhesive next time, the glue i used is good stuff.

Sorry i forgot about this thread.