Heresy Serial Numbers....

lakedmb

Hey everyone -

I tried looking for a post about the serial numbers and types for my speakers, but can not find them anywhere.

Here are the different speakers, please tell me what they mean.

Heresy - 8425049 HBR

Heresy 2 - 8871622 H WO SRB

I just pulled info from one speaker from each pair. They are sequential serial numbers though.

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone -

I tried looking for a post about the serial numbers and types for my speakers, but can not find them anywhere.

Here are the different speakers, please tell me what they mean.

Heresy - 8425049 HBR

Heresy 2 - 8871622 H WO SRB

I just pulled info from one speaker from each pair. They are sequential serial numbers though.

Thanks!!!

The Heresy is 1984 week 25 #049

The Heresy II has me confused. Are you sure that is the correct serial #? It doesn't seem to jive with the info. on the site. Recheck that #.

Tom

Ok, I'm dense. My Heresy's are marked H-WL-12, Ser. 3H067, I'm assuming this is year 1969...correct.

The 2nd one is marked "Single"/HWO/88T000..I'm assuming this is year 1979...correct?

Neither number follows the code exactly in terms of number of digits.

My guess is that the original owner listened to the 1st speaker in a Mono rig, then bought a 2nd speaker to upgrade to stereo. Seems a bit late for each serial number, but I can't think of another reason to order a "Single" speaker, aside from a speaker eating dog or other such nonsense.

Ok, I'm dense. My Heresy's are marked H-WL-12, Ser. 3H067, I'm assuming this is year 1969...correct.

The 2nd one is marked "Single"/HWO/88T000..I'm assuming this is year 1979...correct?

Neither number follows the code exactly in terms of number of digits.

My guess is that the original owner listened to the 1st speaker in a Mono rig, then bought a 2nd speaker to upgrade to stereo. Seems a bit late for each serial number, but I can't think of another reason to order a "Single" speaker, aside from a speaker eating dog or other such nonsense.

I do believe you are correct on the years. The 000 at the end of the 79' is a little different isn't it? I haven't come across that before. There are many more on this forum with much more knowledge on these issues than me though.

Tom

On the 8871621 speaker, I it's week #7 (mid February) and serials 1621 and 1622.

"On the single"/HWO/88T000..I'm assuming this is year 1979" Correct; the "single" notation was likely written by either the factory to identify that the original dealer who sold it needed a single. The serial is correct (#88,000, just happened to be made in 1979 (T)).

• 12 years later...