Bose 901

dtximages

Has anyone found yourselves wanting to buy a pair of Bose 901s just to prove to your friends that the Klipsch sounds alot better? I will agree that the 901 is by far Bose's best speaker and is quite interesting in some aspects. But in a blind test, I feel confident that anyone would chose probably any Klipsch speaker over the 901. I had a pait sitting on top of a pair of Klipsch KG 3.5s, the Klipsch was much more desirable to listen to. I would love to have a set just to play with and show people the best that Bose has to offer. Anyone agree?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a pair of Series II that I was given for free. The surrounds were shot and I refoamed them for about $20. I put walnut panels on them instead of the Grill cloth. I keep them in my shop and everytime I have someone over that mentions how good they sound, I play them for him. Then I play the khorns! Then I ask for their 'updated' opinions.[:D]

Single901.jpg?t=1207840980

Thanks im glad someone agrees. A good friend of mine is so skeptical of klipsch because of their low end lines in best buy etc. he doenst have that "great speaker" feeling. hes heard my heritage lines and likes them but isnt convinced theyre better than anything else out there. unfortunately all i have are receivers and he complains about the shrill of the mids/tweets sometimes. he feels those overpower a deep bass that hes looking for. it sucks i cant set them up properly in a good room with tubes/macs. preferably macs because we LOVE ss power but only appreciate tube warmth.

has it ever pissed you off when someone said 'no man wheres the bass, too much treble, i think your horns are distorting." i sound like an idiot trying to explain it all away by blaming it on cheap receivers/ setup etc. this friend swears that room treatments etc are only placebo. uggghhhh!

No. I was relieving frusteration about not having the location / means to let my klipsch's speak for themselves to certain people who think theyre "not really much better than anything else really." I did not mention an expectation that anyone would say the 901 was better than a Klipsch.

I would like to hear peoples experience with comparisons though.

A good friend of mine is so skeptical of klipsch because of their low end lines in best buy etc. he doenst have that "great speaker" feeling. hes heard my heritage lines and likes them but isnt convinced theyre better than anything else out there

Grab your buddy bright & early some Saturday morning and drag his hiney to Knoxville [8]

Seems like we spend alot of time telling people what they should hear ............ The only person you need to satisfy, is Yourself. Doesn't matter what others think ............ You either get the Klipsch Sound or you don't ............. it's simple really ......... your singing to the choir !!!!!!!!

Thats beautiful. I cant stop looking at that. Where you people get Jubs from? Are they all professional and some people make them into "home" speakers? Did klipsch ever widely produce the jub for home? Ive never seen them being sold or promoted by klipsch. Never seen any literature on a home version of it.

Where? From Klipsch

How? Send me $7,000 and I'll have them magically appear on your doorstep

They are 'professional' (but don't lose sight that they WERE originally designed to replace the Klipschorn in the home). They're not widespread in the home environment...I think without looking, there are 13 or 14 people who now have them. There is no promotion nor literature as a home version. It's all assembled by Roy & his little elves and sold by some winks and nods.

I know you're several hours away but it's a serious invitation should you feel so compelled. (like it's a lot of work on my part??)

[:D]