OT: Red Wings vs.

dkp

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crosby capitalized on a mistake by Stewart and takes a give-away for the Pens' first goal in the series. Pens 1 Wings 0 at the end of 1. The goal has fired-up the Pens. It's now a real hockey game. -Glenn

The Pens are finally proving they're a great team. I think the level of play we are now seeing is more like everyone had expected to see from these two teams. Pens 2 Wings 1 at the end of 2. It's become a really exciting game. -Glenn

Well Bill, you got you wish; there will be a game 5. Great game tonight. Pens 3 Wings 2 final. Detroit leads the series 2-1. GO WINGS!

The LivingRoom, in Mt Lebanon was pretty empty. I half figured they'd cancel entertainment for tonight. But they didn't. So, everyone was watching the Pens game while I made noise. Everytime there was a score, someone would come up on stage and tell me. Thank goodness they won. I think the HAVE to win the next home game to have any chance in the series. The Red Wings will not just fold up and go away.

Great game last night! Now that's what I call a hockey game. Up and down the ice action with tons of chances. Anyone who watched the game last night was treated to something that doesn't happen very often when they went for several minutes without a stoppage of play. During that time the Wings were swarming the Pittsburgh net and must have had at least a half-dozen excellent scoring opportunities. Fleury was able to hold off the barrage of shots and the Pens prevailed. Saturday should prove to be just as exciting. GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot: What did you think of the Wings non-goal in the third period? (When the net became dislodged).

I haven't watched enough hockey in the last couple of years to remember how it is handled when a team intentionally knocks the net off its moorings (sp?) just before the opposing team scores. It seems to me that it would be the same ruling if a player on the defending team pushes another player into the net causing the same result, as long as his intentions are obvious? Can anyone clear this up for me?

David: I'm no expert but on that particular play, I would have called, who was it; Gil? for interference on Holstrom. What happened to the net was sort of secondary I think. At any rate, there were plenty of missed calls on both teams last night. They missed Holstrom high-sticking Gil, and many other examples. Still, it was a great Rock’em-Sock’em, old time hockey game! I have a bunch of couples coming to our place for BBQ dinner outside and game #4 in our theater on Saturday. Last night's loss by the Wings just means we'll have a shot at winning the cup in Game 5 at home! ...and I'll be they don't block Pens fans from buying tickets at the Joe. I hear they'll also be handing out all of the free birdseed they can eat! LOL GO WINGS! -Glenn

Small world, my grandparents lived on fort couch road in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. My uncle used to work at the living room. What band are you in? I thought they changed the name from the living room.

Not in a band, lol. Just a DJ.

It is now called "Leonard's Livingroom".

It WAS called something else for a while; named after an owner's daughter.

Penguins to open arena for Game 5
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals will be on the road Monday night in Detroit, but Pensguins fans can watch from the comforts of home ice, yet again.

The Penguins announced today that they will open Mellon Arena for Game 5 so that fans can watch the game on the arena Jumbotron.

Game 5 will be played Monday at 8 p.m. in Detroit. Doors to the arena will open an hour earlier. The $5 admission tickets will go on sale on Friday at 10 a.m. All proceeds go to the Mario Lemieux Foundation for cancer and neonatal research, and all seating will be general admission. Tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available online at www.ticketmaster.com, as well as at the Mellon Arena Gate One box office.

Parking will be free in arena lots after 6 p.m. Mellon Arena concession and novelty stands will be open. Fans are not permitted to bring food, beverage or other prohibited items into the building.

Over 23,000 fans purchased tickets to watch Games 1 and 2 of the series at Mellon Arena.

The Red Wings lead the best-of-seven series, 2-1, with Game 4 scheduled for Saturday night in Pittsburgh.

About JOEVISION: (from the Red Wings web site)...

The Hockeytown Concert Series followed by JoeVision returns this Saturday, May 31 when the Red Wings battle the Penguins at Mellon Arena in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. Doors to Joe Louis Arena will open at 6 p.m. EDT.

The band Flaunt will entertain fans beginning at 7 p.m. leading up to puck drop between the Red Wings and Penguins at 8 p.m.

All tickets are $5 and on sale now!

All proceeds from the event will benefit the Detroit Red Wings Foundation. Tickets are available at the Joe Louis Arena box office, all Ticketmaster locations including, Hockeytown Authentics in Troy and Hocketyown Café, or by calling 248-645-6666. Tickets can also be purchased by logging on to DetroitRedWings.com.

The Detroit Red Wings Foundation supports several initiatives and organizations including: the development of inner city youth hockey, the fight against cancer, a wide array of children’s health, educational and recreational activities and other needs of the community through the sport of hockey. The Detroit Red Wings Foundation is associated with Ilitch Charities, an IRS recognized 501©(3) organization. Previous grant recipients include: Camp Quality of Michigan, Children’s Hospital of Michigan, The Detroit Hockey Association, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Mothers and Unborn Baby Care, Muscular Dystrophy Association and YMCA. The Foundation is funded through a variety of team and player fundraising events as well as donations from the public.

Wow, what a battle right to the end. The Pens have nothing to be ashamed of as they played hard all game long.

I read this morning that despite Pittsburgh's effort to prevent an octopus from being tossed onto the ice, a 19 year-old Wings fan from Cleveland made his way to the glass and tossed an Octopus onto the ice immediately following the national anthem. Pens fans booed and shouted obscenities at him. Security immediately tossed him out of the arena and threatened to arrest him if he got back in. Friends from Detorit waiting outside for him had a change of clothes for him including a Wings sweater, which he donned and produced a second playoff ticket, which he'd bought from a scapler for $300. He and his friends were able to ellude security without being recognized and enjoyed the rest of the game confident that their mission was accomplished. Pretty ballsy.

Wings now lead the series 3-1 with tomorrow night's game being back on Detroit ice. Last night's loss to Detroit was the Pens' first loss on home ice since February. Things have gotten pretty nippy back in Steel Town. Perhaps a logo change is in order? Appologies to Walter Lantz.

post-10177-1381937446715_thumb.jpg