Can't get Klipsch site on 486-66

gothorns

I can't get the full Klipsch web site on my 1995 model AST 486-66mhz multimedia system. It's running Windows 95 and I use AOL. I can only get the right portion of the site, and can't access all the neat stuff like the Bulletin board, Klipsch store, etc. What do I need to upgrade or adjust to get the full site? I get other web sites OK. No problem getting the full site with my work computer. Thanks in advance for your help!

Paul

Here you go in three easy steps:

1)Open window, preferable one as high as you can.

2)Deposit computer.

3)Order new computer from any OEM or build one yourself.

Not meant as a flame, but my father has a 486/66 and he might as well take it out back and shoot it, it's that unupgradable.

I just saw a quote the other day that made me laugh my butt off...here it goes:

"It only required the computing power equivalent to about 3 Commodore 64's to get a man to the moon, yet Windows 2000 requires you to have at least a Pentium 133."

------------------

In the 1950's, when the great "space race" was at a feverish pace, the American's faced a dilema. How would the astronauts write information to their logs? The weightlessness of space would cause the ink from fountain pens to leave the pen and float all around the spacecraft. Surely this would wreak havoc with the delicate electrical components within the space capsule.

So, NASA spent $2.odd million 1950 dollars developing what is now known as the "ball-point pen". Truly a remarkable invention; one that has been very useful to the entire world.

The Russian's, faced with a similar dilema, sent their cosmonauts to space equipped with pencils.

I got my new signature quote from our Governor. He was at a meeting at our office and shared that story with us (we were talking about database solutions) and I thought it was really funny. So, I decided to share it with you guys (and gals).

The Commodore statement came from a website that's anti-Microsoft, called "www.f**kmicrosoft.com". I just happened to see that one on the same day I heard the story about the pen.

So, I guess it's just by luck that I happened to have two space quotes at the same time. Oh well, stranger things have happened! wink.gif

Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but it looks like three things are preventing gothorns from viewing the Klipsch site:

1) your computer

2) AOL

3) Windows 95

You really should consider upgrading. I realize it's not an option for many people, computer prices being what they are, but if you just use www.pricewatch.com, you will no doubt be able to find some good deals on chips and mobo's.

------------------

FURIOS Df>c> icon100.gif

quote:

Originally posted by DiGNAN17:

it looks like three things are preventing gothorns from viewing the Klipsch site:

1) your computer

2) AOL

3) Windows 95

What's wrong with my Tandy 1000EX? I am running DOS 2.1 and log in on my local BBS with my 300bps modem.c>

biggrin.gif

------------------

SO MUCH TO DO, SO LITTLE TIME.

OK, OK, I know Ive got an antique here, but like I said earlier, I CAN get other sites with no problem, including the site where I found my beloved Klipschorns, and they were a mere 2 hour drive from my house surfing AM, Klipschorns in my house PM - the same day! Oh well, Ill have to rely on my work computer to get the Klipsch site until I get a new computer. In the mean time, Ill rely on my 486-66 to surf the web for more great hifi deals. Thanks for all the laughs - really!

ok, a serious answer.

the reason you can't view the menu on the side (i assume that's what you meant) is that you don't have java enabled.

you can view other sites, but you can't view other sites that have java in them.

i had the same problem, cause for some reason my java messed up and it was disabled in my browser.

you should be able to ugrade to a newer version of netscape or IE to get java, or maybe it's just that java is disabled in your browser.

if such is the case, go to your internet options, and in the advanced tab, scroll down and you should see stuff related to java. in my browser, ie whateverthelatestversionis, it's under microsoft VM i think.

hope it helps.

------------------

'cuz nobody ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

Oh, sorry, if it's just the Klipsch site that you can't see, then I understand. Yeah, the JAVA stuff stopped me a couple times on some machines. Do you know if you can see the board okay, or have you not gotten that far? If you want, here's the address for the board only, which is how I usually look at it:

http://www.klipsch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

Sorry for being sarcastic earlier biggrin.gif

------------------

FURIOS Df>c> icon100.gif