DTV Converter Boxes

cmdridq

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I did get my coupons a while back. Make sure to check the expiration date. I got to Best Buy the day my coupons expired. The price of most boxes has gone from a hypothetical $50 to a real $60, so minus the $40 coupon the net cost for most is $20 each. Usually they give you two coupons.

I've never had CATV or SAT at this house. I watch enough tv as it is without haveing a gagillion channels to choose from. My hotel experience shows me that most of it is garbage anyway. I use a simple rabbit ears set with my new Samsung 42" plasma, and have a slightly fancier Radio Shack antenna on my little 13" Panasonic analog tv in the bedroom.

I'll hook up these and give them a try. The 'blurps' are annoying, but I'm in a very good zone in the city and all the majors are within about an 8 degree arch so setting up the antenna is easy.

Here's a website for checking the local stations broadcasting towers in relation to your position.

www.antennaweb.org

Click on the CHOOSE AN ANTENNA and give your address.

On the next page all the stations in your area are listed.

I click on SHOW DIGITAL STATIONS ONLY, then STREET LEVEL MAP.

Print this and you'll know how to adjust your antenna.