Acoustic Panels who is using them and how are they using them.

draynes

Like I told you when you bought them from me a receiver works but a seperate power amp will help significantly with your RF-7's. Especially with the highs and the lows. Get a 5CH HT amp like a B & K 207, Sunfire, or Rotel RMB-1095.

Rob

I agree completely but my original receiver did not have pre amp out puts on it. Then it finally broke after many years of service. So, I pick up my H/K until I can get the funds together for a nice amp and get started in the way of pre/pro. Then hopefully in the near future I will be able to pick up a high quality amp like the Rotel you were using. I wish money fell off trees, but alas it does not. So the amp will have to wait until I can get the funds together. By the way they do very well with only 50 watts behind them. Loud and clean. Volume is not an issue. I am just trying do small things that will help out down the line. When I can have my own theater with no concerns of neighbors. So currently it is all a compromise for me until that point.

How tall did you make the corner placment one? That looks most like a bass trap to me am I correct?

Yes, I cut up some panels into triangles then stacked them in the corner. It is currently 16 inches tall. I'm thinking of bringing it up to 20 or 24 inches.

It is a bass trap, but paraphrasing Mas, fixing the bass usually takes care of the treble too. This is because the bass trap is really a broadband absorber that also absorbs high frequencies.

I like the way you did that. I was reading that another way is to just get rolls of insulation stack them on top of each other. Then cover in fabric of our own choosing. But I though that it would not look very professional. But I think the way yours is would look great and also help the highs out allot.