OT: Bacon is back!!

Tom Adams

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

all you high faluting, distinguished people eating beignets from cafes' i don't even know what a beignet is. I need a point of reference. Remember I'm originally from Oakland, we're just not that fancy there.

Ha, this is not fancy at all, it's about 6' from the street and the back side of the building is Mississippi river levee.

A beignet is a very light fluffy donut covered with powdered sugar to the point you should shake some off, the coffee is great there. imo

They look like this......I don't know what's in that cup, they use regular coffee cups, unless it's ice coffee ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_du_Monde

post-11804-1381966384782_thumb.jpg

all you high faluting, distinguished people eating beignets from cafes' i don't even know what a beignet is. I need a point of reference. Remember I'm originally from Oakland, we're just not that fancy there.

Ha, this is not fancy at all, it's about 6' from the street and the back side of the building is Mississippi river levee.

A beignet is a very light fluffy donut covered with powdered sugar to the point you should shake some off, the coffee is great there. imo

They look like this......I don't know what's in that cup, they use regular coffee cups, unless it's ice coffee ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_du_Monde

that's insane. how many can you eat before going into a sugar coma? i eat about one donut a year, and it's usually just a plain ole maple bar. nothing exotic, but enough sugar to get me through the year. i did walk next to hiedi klum--i know that has nothing to do with beignets; but, she did look pretty good too.

• Moderators

that's insane. how many can you eat before going into a sugar coma? i eat about one donut a year, and it's usually just a plain ole maple bar. nothing exotic, but enough sugar to get me through the year. i did walk next to hiedi klum--i know that has nothing to do with beignets; but, she did look pretty good too.

I would knock most of the sugar off, if not to me it messes up the taste of the coffee, and I LOVE coffee. Hiedi could probably put me into a coma quicker than the sugar, but I would be smiling. [:D]

• 7 months later...

Bacon and vanilla ice cream are awesome together. I've had it and may have even commented about it earlier in this thread. The stuff absolutely disappeared at a party I was at. You wouldn't think it, but bacon and ice cream are delicious together.

• 2 years later...

Scope Bacon Mouthwash

MTHWSH020110331ba73v0con

Press Release

152 Words

1 April 2015

English

Copyright 2015. Vision Communications Private Limited

Scope Bacon Mouthwash

Scope Bacon is the newest addition to our line of products. It tastes like bacon, while still killing 99.9% of bad breath germs. And, it keeps your breath minty fresh 5 times longer than brushing alone.

Type: Scope mouthwashes

Flavor: Bacon

scope-bacon-mouthwash.png

FAQ

Does Scope Bacon make my breath smell like bacon?
No. Scope Bacon just tastes like bacon while you swish, but leaves your breath smelling minty fresh 5 times longer than brushing alone.

Is Scope Bacon a sufficient replacement for my breakfast?
No. Scope Bacon contains zero nutritional value and does not serve as an acceptable substitute for food.

Should I use Scope Bacon before or after breakfast?
We recommend using Scope Bacon after breakfast.

Does Scope Bacon contain real bacon?
No. No pigs are harmed during the making of Scope Bacon. The bacon taste you’ll find in Scope Bacon is a perfectly healthy synthetic flavoring.

How is Scope Bacon made?
A synthetic bacon flavoring is infused in the unflavored mouthwash formula at a specific time in the manufacturing process.

http://scopemouthwash.com/bacon/

Edited by Fjd

Bacon can even make Liver taste good! We have never tried it with honey, and we usually just bake them instead of broiling.

793051.jpg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to broil setting.
  2. Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around each chicken liver, securing with toothpicks.
  3. Broil until bacon is cooked and crisp on one side, then turn and repeat (about 6 to 8 minutes each side). Serve with honey in a bowl, for dipping.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-chicken-livers/