NY zipcode 13212 one Heresy 3

Budman

"gentleman"? Not... He should have called you, etc. From your brief description of the situation, it sounds like he's looking for a free ride.... Hope it works out for you.

(I'd call my second cousin Vinnie who says he's in the family "trash" business to pay the mook a visit, but he's tied up with some emergency "trash removal" project at the moment......[:|][:#])

exactly, he said the only reason i put it on ebay was that it didn't work. he's been a member since 8/07 and has 2 negative feedbacks and his name is honestfredsales(78)

the paypal email i received today from him said that it must have been dropped so hard by ups that the insides came loose. i responded by saying that he should file a claim with ups because i insured it for the full amount of the transaction.

Russ, unfortunately, you may have to file the claim as the shipper. Honest Fred, however, needs to take pictures of the damage, the box, etc. Of course, Honest Fred will likely be "too busy".... You need some help from a Forum member to go and "pick up" the damaged speaker. If there is a way for someone to be "right around the corner" when you call, and then 30 seconds later show up to pick it up, that would be a great thing, and ole' HF there would not have a chance to make sure the H-III was really damaged.....

Maybe "Freddy" damaged them with those claw things...... Freddy is in Syracuse (or North Syracuse). Maybe OB can go visit him and give him the 3rd degree.....

You've got your hands full with Honest Fred.....

I had that happen on a H-II that I sent to Arizona last year. Speaker itself was undamaged, but they dropped it so hard that the little autoformer broke off it's glue on the cup, and one of the K-701's was cracked and broken. I had Bob Crites send him a 53/701 and he also fixed the crossover if I recall. UPS paid the claim within about 7 days and everyone was happy. It was, however a total pain.... I was lucky; the buyer was a nice guy and we worked through it immediately. You never know with Fred though. I still think, regardless if the crossover was damaged, that Freddy could have at least given you the chance to do a claim and arrange for a repair or replaced terminal/crossover cup.

Uh oh...I see a PayPal shakedown in your future. PayPal / eBay has really become difficult for sellers lately. I recently sold about 4 items on eBay after not using my account for almost 2 years. Now they have frozen my account for "suspicious activity" which means I cannot access a balance of several thousand dollars until I jump through multiple hoops including providing tracking numbers for every item, verifying a bank account, verifying my address among others. Anyone want to guess if they are making interest on my balance in the meantime?

Wow. another examply of bullying behavior from paypal.

How is it suspicious that you would transfer money to the same account you verified two years ago?

When transferring money or a refund, Paypal will take days to accomplish a single transaction done in a single day in order to make interest by dragging their feet.

If you could, um, provide us all with a phone number and address.... we could call and mail him inquiries about investigating nothing harassing or evil, just we would like to investigate this package contents about potential insurance fraud or something.... hopefully it will get verified what has happened, if anything, and this can get resolved.

My experience is that people who are rude and nasty when there is a problem, IF there is a problem, are themselves the problem and can usually be caught in so many lies it's funny but sadder that anyone would try to get ahead by lying, cheating, and taking advantage of good honest people. Unfortunately there's no law against being a jerk and trying to hose everybody. Ok, maybe if you can catch them in insurance fraud or something but probably not likely for a single speaker but might leave an evidence trail if he would try to pull the same crap on a larger scale like with a house or a car.

Bought something from an eBay seller who was such a jerk. Luckily that lesson only cost me $70 total and I've got a set of ProMedia 2 that I should be able to repair for a few bucks.... most other transactions have been much better and one seller who accidentallly sent me 1 of the 3 high capacity batties I had ordered for our mp3 players, apologized profusely and sent the missing batteries along with a couple of extra standard capacity models which is what had come with our players.

Unfortunately, eBay makes it too easy for the jerk buyers, and sellers, to rip off people. I suspect it's even easier for the jerk buyers to hide. Hopefully they'll get to a more workable system. Seems like it's out of whack now. If you've got a problem and you're nice about it and the other party's not, more often than not you really wouldn't do business with them if you'd only had a clue.

Good luck Budman. Hopefully this will get resolved but I suspect you're going to have to spend a lot more time than you should.

now he says it was dropped so hard the crossover is broke. i don't believe it because i used close to 3 inches of pink insulation from home depot. i don't believe a word he says, but anything is possible.

Well it does sound like this is possible for a well packed speaker, it'd be lot easier to believe if he hadn't by now given different stories and being a jerk. Wouldn't surprise me if in the fact the crossover is broke it's not accidentally and done before any inspectors arrive - it'd be nice to have a hidden camera on this jerk. Sounds like he has a history of less than stellar behaviour but by now doesn't sound like he has any credibility.