Palladium Listening Party

Those who follow my work (http://www.klipschcorner.com/BlogDetail.aspx?guid=49d2af0f-fbea-425d-8840-b44d3b632e56) know that I've been a vocal fan of the Palladium series since the beginning. I've recently decided that my kids don't really need to go to college; I've ordered up the Palladium P-39F in the Merlot finish and I was told to expect delivery "mid May". I will only have the Front L/R until the center is available in June, and the rest of the system will have to wait till next year for me, these ain't cheap.

I expect it will be quite a long time before these are commonly available to listen to around the country, so in keeping with my Demo Network philosophy (http://www.klipschcorner.com/DemoNetwork.aspx) I'm inviting Klipschers over to my place to hear the P-39F at the end of May. This should be taken as Tenative since ship dates are not in stone, but I am thinking either May 31st (Saturday) or June 1st (Sunday).

I realize my Aragon, Denon, and Integra gear may not be considered Up to Snuff by the solid state and digital hating crowd. So, while you people are nutjobs, I'm willing to go a step furthur: I'll clean up my racks (I've got space: http://www.klipschcorner.com/Image.aspx?path=images/Profiles/Profile1_3.jpg) and encourage anyone who's interested in coming to bring any tube amps, pre-amps, or transports that might be interesting to audition the P-39F on. If ole Boomac is around I'll try to get him to bring some of his NOS/BAT gear regardless.

{Edit: I would really like to record a podcast out of this, nothing formal just people talking about what they thought}

I plan on cross-posting this, but I'll be checking the thread in 2ch most often.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, on my way to Indy in June, I might have to swing by.... as it looks about the same distance as going through Sault Ste Marie and then from Detroit and on to Indy.

I might be able to bring my QSC PLXII 3102, Behringer DCX-2496, and Mini-Beast ( if I get the cabinet assembled and finished in time )..... depending on workload and how picky they are going to be at the border. I would love to hear the Palladium.

I've recently decided that my kids don't really need to go to college; I've ordered up the Palladium P-39F in the Merlot

With gas prices what they are....you don't really need to be driving around.....throw a pair on your credit card for me also.[;)]

Count me in !!!

Congrats & way to go!! That makes two announcements this week??? Roy is going to have to work another shift with this rate of increase!!

We can have a Palladium party up north in the summer months and the other Palladium party in Florida in the winter months.

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to see what your impressions of the palladiums are, especially with your Aragon amp. These are already rapidly climbing my wish list!

And don't sweat the investment.......that's what student loans are for!

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to see what your impressions of the palladiums are, especially with your Aragon amp. These are already rapidly climbing my wish list!

And don't sweat the investment.......that's what student loans are for!

I have to second this! You don't realize just how tempting it was for me to seriously consider sinking some cash into those things myself, especially as I am now finally really starting to make some serious money with my new endeavor, plus I don't have any kids I need to put through college! [6] Hmmm... Decisions, decisions - should I get the new Palladiums, or should I get the Redline edition of the Saturn Sky car... [^o)]? At least the Palladiums are only half the cost of the car and much cheaper maintain, plus I think they may sound really nice with my B&K gear!

Yes indeed - will be very curious to hear your impressions on these. If I can every make it up your way again, I'll definitly want to hear them. Of course, I am hoping and praying they will have a pair setup in Indy for us to listen to as well! Still, don't know if I am quite ready to want to sink 15 large into a pair of speakers right now.... [:o]. At least these would fit much better into my room than say a pair KHorns or Jubilees!