advantages of amps?????

I have a denon 2807 powering 2 rf 82 a rs 62 and rs 52 mt question is will there be a big notice in getting a standalone amp? Whats a good amp for around 400 to power just the front 3 speakers (if thats a good idea to keep it a little more affordable) .I'm a green horn audiophile any help would be appreciated

You should notice a pleasing difference. Pick up a nice used 2-channel for that price or a pro QSC or Crown. Search the old threads for {Separates}

for more info. This place is a wealth of information.

Welcome to the forum.

Right now I have a pair of RF-82s and a Denon 2807 and I am also building a subwoofer that will use a crown xti1000 for power. These amps are 500 on partsexpress and I am definately going to test that amp with my 82's when I get the amp. Hopefully in less than a month. I will let you know what I think if it doesn't take too long to get.

I don't think you will be able to improve on the quality of the Denon's amps for $400, certainly not with pro-audio amps. You might be able to make an improvement you can "hear" at $1000 used. You will still be limited by the performance of the Denon's preamp/processor. You are just not challenginging the internal amps with your speaker.

I don't think you will be able to improve on the quality of the Denon's amps for $400, certainly not with pro-audio amps. You might be able to make an improvement you can "hear" at $1000 used. You will still be limited by the performance of the Denon's preamp/processor. You are just not challenginging the internal amps with your speaker.

could you elaborate

In my experience an outboard amp will increase the available power by quite a bit (depending on the amp you pick, of course) and will improve the sound slightly. Getting a nice pre-amp will make a much, much larger contribution to overall sound quality.

In my experience an outboard amp will increase the available power by quite a bit (depending on the amp you pick, of course) and will improve the sound slightly. Getting a nice pre-amp will make a much, much larger contribution to overall sound quality.

Getting a much better outboard amp will make a very noticeable difference, but getting a slightly better amp will only improve the sound slightly and would hardly be worthwhile. It might be better to save up for a pretty serious upgrade that will thrill you for years, instead of spending money for something that won't seem so special after a little while.

I think the processor will make the most difference, but getting a processor with no amp will leave you with no sound :-)

I always tell people invest in speakers they want first (since the technology doesn't really change and you will keep these for a looong time) with a semi-affordable reciever to keep you going until you can afford the other stuff. (which is exactly where you are at now)

then invest in the good amp, then when you have your amps, you can get the processor and get rid of the reciever. at this point, the processor will also be the most up to date, or you can get a previous years model for much much cheaper.

Then get the TV, since picture quality and other tech is constantly changing.

Just my thoughts.

always tell people invest in speakers they want first (since the technology doesn't really change and you will keep these for a looong time) with a semi-affordable reciever to keep you going until you can afford the other stuff.

That is just what i did :) in fact i just picked up my sub today (rsw 10d) I'm in love.I just finished watching the golden compass on my pio kuro via blu-ray (great movie)the part with the bear king fight sounded soo so good I was in spl heaven :)

I may then just hold off on the amps and get another set of surrounds looking at RB61 :)

But what amps should i shoot for????